This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom Triggers

Howdy all - I'm in the process of growing my budding insteon collection, and running into a few glitches.

From time to time, random device controls from the HomeSeer web UI will trigger some weird behaviors: my garage door IOLinc will suddenly trigger, and some of the lights in the house will start a ~2 minute ramp down to 0% brightness.

I've validated that the IOLinc has no links programmed to other devices.. (it used to be programmed to a few KPLs, but I deleted those links to isolate troubleshooting).

It's as of a Global Off (with a 2 minute ramp) is being triggered, even though I have no controllers that should trigger that event.

Thoughts?

so if you disable the insteon plugin, do these issues go away

there is a global group that is programmed into every light switch. there should be a an insteon group device on the hs status page

something may be triggering that group device
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sounds familiar. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159932

You say "phantom", I say "rogue"...

I'm not so sure it's an Insteon thing, however.

My devices are Zwave Cooper and are randomly turning on similar to yours. Once in a while devices turn off as well.

Here's what I've noticed:

- Multiple devices turn on randomly. When this does happen its multiple devices all at the same time as if they just recieved an all On command.
      - When devices are turned on, they still have status as off in Homeseer and there is nothing in the log that they have changed
      - It seems to be the same group of switches throughout my system and seems to be non-dimmable type switches only.
      - Does not seem to be related to Zwave transmitter, because it is happening on mutliple Z-trollers on my network.

Could this be coming directly from homeseer?

It was suggested to turn off Homeseer to see it it still happens. That might work, but I dont know how long I could live without it

Comment

Working...
      X