X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Trigger issue

Greetings,

I was experimenting with the event trigger "Set Light Level at Ramp Rate". I set the level at 100% and the ramp rate to the desired rate. After running the event, the dimmer no longer responds to the HSTouch slider for the dimmer or from the Status page. How do I reset the dimmer to work normally?

Ken

What I did not mention in the previous post is that this is a FanLinc module which does not have a way to disconnect the power which you can do with the in wall dimmers. After disconnecting the hot wire and then reattaching the hot wire, the module returned to normal operation.

I was hoping to use this trigger to create a scene where the dimmer would ramp to a specific level different from what it normally does.

I need to know more about the "Set Light Level at Ramp Rate" trigger and where it would be used.

Ken

Comment

I can't help too much with this one. It may be that your dimmer was responding to the slider, just very very slowly. Did you set a slow ramp rate?

One thing, you keep calling this a trigger, which confused me.
      It is an Insteon special action, not an Insteon special trigger.

Comment

My bad... yes, I am talking about the Action.

I just tested the action on an in wall dimmer. It works like it is supposed to. The interesting thing is that not all of the dimmers show up in the list of devices when setting the "Set Light Level at Ramp Rate",

The trouble only seems to be with the dimmer side of the FanLinc module.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
          My bad... yes, I am talking about the Action.

I just tested the action on an in wall dimmer. It works like it is supposed to. The interesting thing is that not all of the dimmers show up in the list of devices when setting the "Set Light Level at Ramp Rate",

The trouble only seems to be with the dimmer side of the FanLinc module.

Ken
          this action is only avail for i2 & i2cs devices. not sure I every tested it with a fanlinc dimmer

I have to check the documentation and see if it support the same way as other dimmers.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

guys,
            i check the fanlinc developer notes. It doesn't mention that it supports the Light On at Ramp Rate Cmd
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok... Thanks, Mark.

Comment

you might be able to accomplish the same thing by putting the fanlinc into a group by itself and then just use an event action to control that group
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X