This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insteon hub

can I use the hub app and the plugin in homeseer at the same time?

Im having difficulty using the hub with homeseer...

thanxs

the homeseer plugin operates independently of the hub app; so the plugin won't recognize any configuration/links you add to the hub via the smarthome app for example.

please read up on the insteon hub thread about how to setup the hub with the plugin and homeseer. Many are using it successfully.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thank you for the response...

I have searched...and searched... and I could not find any information on how to set up the hub as an interface...

a quick call to insteon support helped.

seems I needed to use the hub's address as the password...not my insteon account password...

do you have a link to the "hub" thread?

now to figure out why I cannot turn my devices on and off... seems i can turn them on but not off. the only way I can turn them off is if I refresh the page on my browser... the buttons only seem to available once...then a page refresh is required to get the buttons to be available again. Use of the dimmer switch on the web page works fine... weird.

Comment

Hub Thread
        http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156791

you need the hub IP address, port, user and pswd. this info is needed on the plugin config page.

make sure you register the devices with the plugin after you get the hub working. this should resolve the on/off issue.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

got everything up and running...thanxs!

now to figure out how to register the hub... adding the adress in the insteon config page does not work... says "no response from device"

going to read through the hub thread and see if I can figure it out

Comment

sorry mis read your response...

I thought you said register the hub.

I do have the devices registered in homeseer... but using the status page and pressing the on\off buttons has an effect only once for each device... meaning you can change the status of the device once then the buttons no longer have an effect...until you refresh the page.

the dimmable devices respond the same way except the dimming control works all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by goodboy View Post
              sorry mis read your response...

I thought you said register the hub.

I do have the devices registered in homeseer... but using the status page and pressing the on\off buttons has an effect only once for each device... meaning you can change the status of the device once then the buttons no longer have an effect...until you refresh the page.

the dimmable devices respond the same way except the dimming control works all the time.
              The following thread might shed some light.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159705

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                X