This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Values-Status botton absent

Actually I have 2 questions around my installed Insteon devices. First question is that none of the Insteon device offer the "Edit Value-Status / Graphic Pairs" option that you get on all X10 devices. How would one or can you change icons images and status words as you can for X10 devices? Second question is that some of the Insteon devices show 4 options when you edit them:

Digital Input:
    Analog Input:
    Digital Output:
    Interface Variable:

What exactly do those refer to, or used for?

"Edit Value-Status / Graphic Pairs" is a feature of HS Pro not a feature of the plugin. you can use scripts to set these values and graphics.

Digital Input:
    Analog Input:
    Digital Output:
    Interface Variable:
    these are not used in the insteon plugin; they may be used in other plugins. there are some hs docs on this, but its rather sparse. i would ignore these settings going forward. they don't mean much to anyone anymore. I think its legacy stuff from HS1.

they get dropped in HS3.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X