This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc not creating devices for the buttons

How does this work with a KeypadLinc? I asked under another thread about KeypadLincs and someone on here told me they did they just added the load address manually and it created devices for the scene button as well, but I'm not getting that. What do I need to do to get the buttons to show up as devices. I tried tap adding them, but that didn't work either. Using version 1.7.3.1

Thanks

Re: KeypadLinc not creating devices for the buttons

Were having the same issue. It wasn't a problem before with older 6 or 8 button dimmers but in the last year I think Insteon has made some changes.

I'm waiting for Mark to respond to my post as well and am going to email the Insteon team as well.

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk 2
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

guys,
      i need the specifics of the KPL in question. what is the 4 digit devicetype displayed during registration or in your insteon.ini
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Device Type 0142 0
        Rev 7.0
        2334-233

Comment

You need to upgrade to the latest ver posted in the forum
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

When you say, latest version, are you saying the one for 3.0? And where is this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
              When you say, latest version, are you saying the one for 3.0? And where is this forum?
              located here:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158453

Comment

Thank you. That worked. I crosslinked the buttons and devices, then programmed device for Homseer. They all know what the other is doing. just curious though. Why aren't the latest plug-in versions in the updater? I thought I had the latest one by updating from there.

Comment

Thank you. That worked. I crosslinked the buttons and devices, then programmed device for Homseer. They all know what the other is doing. just curious though. Why aren't the latest plug-in versions in the updater? I thought I had the latest one by updating from there.
                  we don't typically post beta versions to the Updater.

that said, I'm close to moving the latest beta to the Updater.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Lost links on 2 of the 3 buttons. The button controls the device, Homseer doesn't know about it. Homeseer can control the device, the buttons don't know about it.

Comment

Lost links on 2 of the 3 buttons. The button controls the device, Homseer doesn't know about it. Homeseer can control the device, the buttons don't know about it.
                      i need more detail here
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        i need more detail here
                        YOU need more information? I need more information. Seriously, I just don't get this plug-in. It worked fine after you pointed me to the latest version, then about 2 weeks later. It's broken again. The bottom line is, HS doesn't update when things are controlled by the buttons, well, not completely true as HS does know when it's been turned ON by the button, but not off, and if HS does the controlling of the device, the button never knows, either on or off. Before I had the latest version, it didn't create devices for the buttons. Okay, now it does create devices, but in the plug-in I don't see them as Currently Registered Insteon Devices. I click on the links icon, and things are linked to things I never linked them too. Every time I click Update Programming on all new and updated devices ... it adds more links! Why when I click on links does it only allow me to delete links? Let me link things myself and maybe I can get it to work but if the buttons don't show up as registered devices??? I dunno!

Comment

I think Mark is going to need to know what devices, device versions, PLM model, and plugin version (in case there's a newer).

I myself feel your pain but know the support for both the plugin and hardware are superior!!

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk
                          HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

YOU need more information? I need more information. Seriously, I just don't get this plug-in. It worked fine after you pointed me to the latest version, then about 2 weeks later. It's broken again. The bottom line is, HS doesn't update when things are controlled by the buttons, well, not completely true as HS does know when it's been turned ON by the button, but not off, and if HS does the controlling of the device, the button never knows, either on or off. Before I had the latest version, it didn't create devices for the buttons. Okay, now it does create devices, but in the plug-in I don't see them as Currently Registered Insteon Devices. I click on the links icon, and things are linked to things I never linked them too. Every time I click Update Programming on all new and updated devices ... it adds more links! Why when I click on links does it only allow me to delete links? Let me link things myself and maybe I can get it to work but if the buttons don't show up as registered devices??? I dunno!
                            please install v2.0 from the updater; delete the device from the plugin and readd. and report back.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              please install v2.0 from the updater; delete the device from the plugin and readd. and report back.
                              I did. It made no difference whatsoever. I still don't understand why the buttons don't show as registered devices in the plug-in, or how it can even work if they don't, for that matter. I read another thread on here that was never resolved with this same problem, leading me to conclude, it simply doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X