This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Event Triggers with Insteon 8 button Switches

I can't get HS2 Events to trigger based on a button press on the Insteon 8 button 2488 switch.

Buttons are set to "Non-Toggle On". When pressed the the HS2 Log registers "Go On" or "Go Off".

I create events with an Event Trigger of:

1. *Insteon Special Triggers* with "Transmits On" or "Transmits Fast On"
    or
    2. *Device Status Change* of "Changed to On" or "Set On" or "Changed to an Status"
    or
    3. *Device Value Change" of "Greater Than" "0"

Nothing seems to trigger the event. Naturally I have tried "Non-Toggle Off" and other states (i.e. Transmitts Off" with the same results.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Doug

trigger #1 is the correct choice. I assume the event isn't disabled.

so it sounds like the device links are quite right

run the 'display interface links' on the config page and make sure the plm has responder links for each btn on the kpl.

can you run the 'program device for homeseer' and try again

if this doesn't wont you will need to factory reset the kpl and run the 'program device for homeseer' again
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Button Triggers

"Transmitts an ON Command" did it! I guess I was a little groggy and had the Event Disabled when I was checking Event Trigger out at 2am this morning!

Thanks for the quick response.

Doug

Comment

Working...
      X