X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event delay 2487s

Mark,

I am having trouble with an event as follows.

Event Manually

1) Device MBF On

2) Wait 3 Seconds

3) Device MBF OFF

4) Device MBF ON

This is an event for a Casablanca (Flip Switch) Fan, step #1 turns it on, Step #2 will pause long enough for the Fan to get to Speed 3 of 6 (medium) and finally steps #3 and #4 set the fan to that speed. To control the fan I am using a 2487S 6 button key pad switch, firmware 7.0. My issue is that when I programmed this it all worked great. But a day or two later we started having issues between Steps #3 and #4. What we are seeing is a delay between #3 and #4 of 2 seconds or more, sometimes #4 never fires. I didn’t change anything; I use to do this with PCS Switches under X10 all worked great. On the event I set it as Priority (Do not queue), Do not Log (think this was the issue), turned off all logging looking for what could causing the problem, no luck. So this weekend I tried a 2443 Micro On/Off, even tried your latest beta build.

What can I try?

Thanks Joe

what version of hs2 are you running? and does the event behavior as expected if you restart hs and test again?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Comment

BTW: HS Support, said that Insteon is not the fastest protocol; but neither is X10. It worked there and Insteon is faster than X10 so the problem actual might be in the event loop handler of HS. If it is then I guess I am up the stream without a paddle. Because they will not fix something for one person, “It works for all the other users!” party line, you know that if you have dealt with software support before… Thats why we do most work in house where I work. Sometime I think I getting too old to do this stuff.
        Joe.

Comment

joe,
          what about when you restart hs? does the problem go away temporarily?

the insteon protocol is plenty fast enough for lighting control!

what about if you set a small delay between ste p3 & 4? say 500ms?

this might control the hs problem

also, maybe you could write your own script to execute this sequence instead of using event actions?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I will try the the delay between steps 3 & 4.

But what does writting a Script file do for me? Yes I know about scripts, but are you saying they are exclusive or modal in that they dont allow any thing else to happen until it finishes?

Comment

Yes nothing should interfere with the timing of the script. And you can put on some logging if issues arise.

Point is. If the hs event isn't working this is a viable alternative. People alway seem to have issues when it's related to events running in a timely fashion. But as you found out hst isn't going to bother with it on hs2
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I not sure if or what they would do even if it was Ver 3.

Comment

If you find this issue in hs3 You should press them on it
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just looked over scripts, looks as it has changed over the HS development. Can we use C# and Compile? If so is there a shell project someplace out there to grab as a starting point?
                    Thanks Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
                      Just looked over scripts, looks as it has changed over the HS development. Can we use C# and Compile? If so is there a shell project someplace out there to grab as a starting point?
                      Thanks Joe.
                      i write vb.net and hs compiles it into memory. no need to create dlls for simple scripts. I'll have to refer you to the scripting forum for details on other languages, and details on script writing, etc.

also, checkout a script package called tenscripting. its a VS project for testing and debugging scripts

shouldn't be too difficult

good luck.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Tested and Results

Mark,

did the simple script....

Sub Main
                        hs.ExecX10 "\33", "on", 0, 0
                        hsp.WaitMS 5500
                        hs.ExecX10 "\33", "off", 0, 0
                        hsp.WaitMS 3
                        End Sub

If I leave out the 4th line, HS doesn't run the ON command.
                        Any value less than 3ms in line 4 and HS does not run the ON Command.
                        When it does run the time between OFF and On is 3.187 seconds!

Any Ideas, could you test this on HS3 just anydevice see what you get?

Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
                          Mark,

did the simple script....

Sub Main
                          hsp.WaitMS 5500
                          hs.ExecX10 "\33", "off", 0, 0
                          hsp.WaitMS 3
                          End Sub

If I leave out the 4th line, HS doesn't run the ON command.
                          Any value less than 3ms in line 4 and HS does not run the ON Command.
                          When it does run the time between OFF and On is 3.187 seconds!

Any Ideas, could you test this on HS3 just anydevice see what you get?

Joe.
                          if you are controlling insteon devices, then please use the following script command avail from the plugin

Public Sub TransmitDeviceCommand(ByVal HC As String, ByVal DC As String, ByVal InsteonCmd1 As Integer, ByVal InsteonCmd2 As Integer)

here is untested example

Dim Insteon as object
                          Insteon = hs.plugin("Insteon")
                          Insteon.TransmitDeviceCommand("\","33",&h11,&hff) ' On @ 100%
                          Insteon.TransmitDeviceCommand("\","33",&h13,0) ' Off

or simply
                          use the hs device command
                          hs.setdevicevalue "\33", 100 'on
                          hs.setdevicevalue "\33", 0 'off

please don't use the execx10 to control insteon devices. I really don't know what hs does on its end when you call hs.execx10 before the command is actually sent to the plugin. Or for no other reason that it won't work in hs3 in the future.

for reference: insteon plugin scripting commands
                          http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291#7
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X