This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon groups

I have 27 Insteon groups. Sometime back, I noticed that the group numbers on the plug-in manage groups page do not match the group numbers on the status page.
    The groups are still working correctly, but since I noticed this, I have been scared to make any changes to the groups for fear that things might get scrambled. I did try making some group name or location field changes. The result of that is that the group names/locations are now different on the status page from the ones on the plug-in page.
    I am currently on version 1.9.2.5, but this issue happened some time ago and there's no telling which version of the plug-in it might have been. I went through most of the betas.
    Is this something that I should be concerned about? Is there a way to get the numbers and descriptions back into sync?

Originally posted by joegr View Post
    I have 27 Insteon groups. Sometime back, I noticed that the group numbers on the plug-in manage groups page do not match the group numbers on the status page.
    The groups are still working correctly, but since I noticed this, I have been scared to make any changes to the groups for fear that things might get scrambled. I did try making some group name or location field changes. The result of that is that the group names/locations are now different on the status page from the ones on the plug-in page.
    I am currently on version 1.9.2.5, but this issue happened some time ago and there's no telling which version of the plug-in it might have been. I went through most of the betas.
    Is this something that I should be concerned about? Is there a way to get the numbers and descriptions back into sync?
    can you post one group definition from the insteon.ini, the same group listing from the manage groups page within the plugin, and the same group info you see on the hs status page.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Joe, want to be sure what you're comparing to the insteon group.

In the insteon group tab there is a number, which is just a logical number, and then the controller with a ":" and a link number. Neither one of these is to be compared to the device code in the status page.

If you open the device and look at 'additional info', that should match to the link number under controller after the ":". Is that what you are referring to not matching?

The name changes don't seem to move back and forth from Plugin to HS, either direction. I just tested that. The plugin creates and manages to the device id you seen in HS, so that's good.

If possible passing the device name back and forth between homeseer and the PI, that's a nice to have but has a work around.
      Paul

Comment

I can't post all the requested info until tonight, but I think you have cleared it up for me, pbibm.

I was trying to match up the Insteon "Num" column to the HomeSeer "Code" column. I never noticed the "Controller" column, or checked the "additional info." If it is operating as it was designed to, then I am fine with it as is. (I wonder if I could correct the name/location fields in the .ini file?)

Example of one group.

HomeSeer
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td id="dv604" class="tablecellcustom">
        </td> <td class="tableroweven">1st</td> <td class="tableroweven">Back Yard</td> <td class="tableroweven">Flood Lights on </td> <td class="tableroweven" nowrap="">\27</td> <td class="tableroweven" nowrap="">Insteon Group/Scene</td></tr></tbody></table>
        <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tableroweven" align="left">Misc IO Settings</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">Insteon PLC Group ID:64</td></tr></tbody></table>
        PLM groups tab
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td class="tableroweven"><input class="formcheckbox" value="checked" name="groupcheck26" type="checkbox"> </td> <td class="tableroweven">House Flood Lights on</td> <td class="tableroweven" align="center">26</td> <td class="tableroweven" align="left">RF PLM Interface:64</td></tr></tbody></table>
        I was trying to match up the \27 device code to the 26 in the table, but now I see it was really the 64 that needed to match.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
          I can't post all the requested info until tonight, but I think you have cleared it up for me, pbibm.

I was trying to match up the Insteon "Num" column to the HomeSeer "Code" column. I never noticed the "Controller" column, or checked the "additional info." If it is operating as it was designed to, then I am fine with it as is. (I wonder if I could correct the name/location fields in the .ini file?)

Example of one group.

HomeSeer
          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td id="dv604" class="tablecellcustom">
          </td> <td class="tableroweven">1st</td> <td class="tableroweven">Back Yard</td> <td class="tableroweven">Flood Lights on </td> <td class="tableroweven" nowrap="">\27</td> <td class="tableroweven" nowrap="">Insteon Group/Scene</td></tr></tbody></table>
          <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tableroweven" align="left">Misc IO Settings</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">Insteon PLC Group ID:64</td></tr></tbody></table>
          PLM groups tab
          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td class="tableroweven"><input class="formcheckbox" value="checked" name="groupcheck26" type="checkbox"> </td> <td class="tableroweven">House Flood Lights on</td> <td class="tableroweven" align="center">26</td> <td class="tableroweven" align="left">RF PLM Interface:64</td></tr></tbody></table>
          I was trying to match up the \27 device code to the 26 in the table, but now I see it was really the 64 that needed to match.

Thanks...
          Yah, there's no alignment of group number, PLM Interface:## or device code, that would be insane to manage.

as for the group name and location; i can add this to the plugin. never had that before. for now; make changes in the plugin no on the hs device status page.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X