X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual-Band Dimmer going to 6% Dim

Hi!

I have a Dual-Band Dimmer that is going from Off to 6% Dim "randomly". I put randomly in quotes as I am not certain of the specific times it is doing it.

I have been monitoring it every hour or so and it has been changing status. I shutdown Homeseer and it seems that it is only doing it while Homeseer is running.

Any specific information is needed in order to diagnose the situation? The dimmer is called 2nd Family Fans Lights and I attached the Insteon error Report.

Thanks in advanced!

Joed
    Attached Files

Just a quick update! The Dinning Room Keypad (6 Button Dimmer) it is doing the same thing. The lamp that it is controlling has incandescent bulbs and you can see that they are On (Very Dim) @ 6% on Homeseer.

Comment

do you have these switches in a group as a responder? another device must be triggering the group or related link and causing hs to send a command

check the links in the device
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

Just erased all groups I had created but it is still changing the Dining Room Keypad to 6% every 20-30 minutes. The other dimmer stopped changing to 6% but not the Keypad.

I read the links on the keypad and could not find any unusual entries there. Even all links on the devices associated with the Keypad and could not find anything unusual either.

Any other check or test that can be done? I created an Event to monitor the condition; (1) It will turn off the keypad and (2) send an email that the condition of 6% is met. I am getting an email every 20-30 minutes.

I do not see a fixed recurrence here so not sure where to look for the root cause of the problem.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Comment

check the KPL that it does not have the 'sync responder' option checked on the device edit page within the plugin

also, do you have polling set on the kpl? try setting the polling to 0 (zero)

otherwise i need to see a few long entries that are being sent to the kpl causing it to turn on at 6%
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi!

Just removed the sync responder function and also the poll was set to 0.

I will keep monitoring it for the day and get back with you.

Thanks for the help!

Joed

Comment

Almost 6 hours passed and the problem has not happened again.

I will give it a 24 hr lookout and keep this thread updated.

Thanks Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by joedr View Post
                Almost 6 hours passed and the problem has not happened again.

I will give it a 24 hr lookout and keep this thread updated.

Thanks Mark!
                so if all goes well, disabling the sync responder option was the cure. but the kpl must be linked to another device that is going on or off and triggering this feature in the plugin. No big deal as long as you get the desired results in the end.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark!

Just to clarify as the instructions on the plug in explains what it does but in one question. LOL

What the "sync responder" does? and... When it is recommended to use on the plugin?

IIRC... By default this is not checked when you tap-add or manually add a KPL.

Comment

Originally posted by joedr View Post
                    Thanks Mark!

Just to clarify as the instructions on the plug in explains what it does but in one question. LOL

What the "sync responder" does? and... When it is recommended to use on the plugin?

IIRC... By default this is not checked when you tap-add or manually add a KPL.
                    check out the following page
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291#3
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X