Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice when creating the links to the keypad for the sensor I can create it as on or off. Do I need to do both or just on?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
      I notice when creating the links to the keypad for the sensor I can create it as on or off. Do I need to do both or just on?

thanks
      no, you only need to create the link with the status you want (on or off) when you active the link from the controller device. if you where to create both i think it would cause problems.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have a somewhat different problem with my IO Linc as garage door opener. I'm using it with a door sensor in momentary C mode. I want to label my status labels so that the sensor will say either "Open" or "Closed", and then also label the output relay buttons "Open" and "Close" instead of "On" and "Off" which are the default values. It's more intuitive that way imho. I have the setup working with the sensor saying "Open" or "Closed", but the moment I update the status text in the "Status Graphics" tab from "On"/"Off" to "Open"/"Close", the IO Linc stops responding to commands. I can see in the HS log that the command is logged, but nothing happens;

Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Carport - Opener to Close (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

The moment I change the text back to default on/off, it works again. Bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Second issue, I want the garage light (z-wave) to turn on if the garage door is opened during night time. Event condition "night time" and sensor changes to "Open" should trigger garage light to come on. The problem is that the night time condition does not seem to work, the light comes on every time the door is opened, even during the day. I have another IO linc that works properly to close a gate at sunset, so why isn't night time working?

third problem, on both of my IO Lincs, only the output relay device shows up in HS Touch, the status device doesn't, so I can't tell whether the door is open or not when I am away from my computer (which means away from home), which is the whole purpose with the damn thing, to tell if the garage door is open when I'm away so that I can close it.

Btw, I had this working under HS2, no problem.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by johan View Post
          I have a somewhat different problem with my IO Linc as garage door opener. I'm using it with a door sensor in momentary C mode. I want to label my status labels so that the sensor will say either "Open" or "Closed", and then also label the output relay buttons "Open" and "Close" instead of "On" and "Off" which are the default values. It's more intuitive that way imho. I have the setup working with the sensor saying "Open" or "Closed", but the moment I update the status text in the "Status Graphics" tab from "On"/"Off" to "Open"/"Close", the IO Linc stops responding to commands. I can see in the HS log that the command is logged, but nothing happens;

Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Carport - Opener to Close (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

The moment I change the text back to default on/off, it works again. Bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Second issue, I want the garage light (z-wave) to turn on if the garage door is opened during night time. Event condition "night time" and sensor changes to "Open" should trigger garage light to come on. The problem is that the night time condition does not seem to work, the light comes on every time the door is opened, even during the day. I have another IO linc that works properly to close a gate at sunset, so why isn't night time working?

third problem, on both of my IO Lincs, only the output relay device shows up in HS Touch, the status device doesn't, so I can't tell whether the door is open or not when I am away from my computer (which means away from home), which is the whole purpose with the damn thing, to tell if the garage door is open when I'm away so that I can close it.

Btw, I had this working under HS2, no problem.

Any advice?

Thanks!
          #1. i did not intent for users to change the status/button names at this time. On/Off are used to trigger commands to the device. Create a virtual device with custom buttons.

#2. Not sure i can answer this. events and triggers are HS issues unless you are using a Special Insteon Trigger. try changing the order of the triggers or conditions.

#3. I'll have to checkout hstouch with an iolinc; haven't run into this one yet
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            #3. I'll have to checkout hstouch with an iolinc; haven't run into this one yet
            #3 is a HSTouch design feature. Mark has the iolinc devices grouped, and as such the status device is the parent of the group. the problem is that hstouch does not believe that Parent objects need to show in hstouch. however, there have been several complaints from users about this and Rich has posted a link to hstouch .43 in bugzilla that does allow the parents to show.

I recently loaded the .43 hstouch and i now have both of the devices for the iolinc showing in hstouch again.
            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

I have been meaning to ask why the status of my IOL does not show in the status page of HS. Now I see that it was a "design choice" but that it is also fixed in a new build. Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X