Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With PI can you edit device settings via the device through insteon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With PI can you edit device settings via the device through insteon?

So I am a little confused, I installed the IO link and also a keypad link. In the insteon instructions there are methods for associating the IO link with keypad, the iolink with garage sensors and some others. You activate these through sequence of set button taps on the devices. In the PI there are also some settings that are the same, and some that are only in the insteon instructions. Both have the momentary A/B/C settings for example.

In short, what happens if I follow some of the insteon instructions to set certain parameters?

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
    So I am a little confused, I installed the IO link and also a keypad link. In the insteon instructions there are methods for associating the IO link with keypad, the iolink with garage sensors and some others. You activate these through sequence of set button taps on the devices. In the PI there are also some settings that are the same, and some that are only in the insteon instructions. Both have the momentary A/B/C settings for example.

In short, what happens if I follow some of the insteon instructions to set certain parameters?
    I would suggest creating the links within the plugin, and using the plugin to configure the iolinc. There are a couple of active threads here related to iolincs and garage doors. Please search and check them out.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, got it all working and sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
        Thanks, got it all working and sorted out.
        good deal. thanks for reporting back
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X