X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwitchLinc receives commands but cannot transmit status

Looking to make sense of this...

I have a particular SwitchLinc that receives commands and executes correctly except, since about a week, it does not transmit Acks or respond to status requests.

I have a feeling it's near the end of its usefull life (8 years), but would like to hear any other point of view or similar experiences.

I also have 2 other SwitchLinc's that don't always respond to a local paddle up; paddale down works OK.

Maybe this is a sign: all these problematic SwitchLinc's are from the same batch I purchased 8 years ago...

P.S. I have still to do a full reset on it.

This is probably not what is happening with you, but every great once in a while something happens and I can control Insteon devices, but can't get any updates from them. Each time, the memory in my PLM has corrupted and it has lost some or all of its links. It seems that if a link is missing, the PLM can still control the device(s), but it completely ignores everything the device(s) send to it.

That said, it does kind of sound like the transmitter circuit of your switch may be failing.

Comment

Working...
    X