This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 button keypad and triggering events

I have a 6 button keypad and I use the Top and Bottom buttons to trigger events that turn on/off all lights. I want to start using Buttons A, B, C & D but I can't get them to trigger events via the same method.

This works - triggers and event
    Master Bedroom Keypad Button On/Load: Transmits an On Command

This doesn't work - does not triggers and event
    Master Bedroom Keypad Button A : Transmits an On Command

I see in the HS3 log that it sees the button transmits an On but the event doesn't trigger.

Any idea how I can get this to work?

P.S. I've set the keypad buttons to always transmit on (not toggle).

Thanks!

-Mike

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
    I have a 6 button keypad and I use the Top and Bottom buttons to trigger events that turn on/off all lights. I want to start using Buttons A, B, C & D but I can't get them to trigger events via the same method.

This works - triggers and event
    Master Bedroom Keypad Button On/Load: Transmits an On Command

This doesn't work - does not triggers and event
    Master Bedroom Keypad Button A : Transmits an On Command

I see in the HS3 log that it sees the button transmits an On but the event doesn't trigger.

Any idea how I can get this to work?

P.S. I've set the keypad buttons to always transmit on (not toggle).

Thanks!

-Mike
    Mike, what version of the plugin are you running? Can hs control A,b,c,d from the status page?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Plugin version is 3.0.3.13 and yes if I set the devices to off via the webpage, pressing the buttons turns them on.

This is what HS sees when I press the button:

Feb-01 2:39:52 PM Insteon Received 29.54.41:3 (Master Bedroom Keypad - Button A) Go ON

This is what the event is watching for
      IF Master Bedroom Keypad Button A: Transmits an On Command

But the event doesn't trigger

-Mike

Comment

please update to the latest on the following thread.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165023
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Updated to 3.0.3.16.

Now when I press the Button A, I get this in the HS3 Log:

Feb-01 4:42:11 PM Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
          Feb-01 4:42:11 PM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

Here's the Insteon Error Report.Log (too big to include or attach)
          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rror%20Log.txt

-Mike

Comment

did you install all the dlls in the zip? also, delete and recreate one of the triggers as a test
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

also, when you have a chance, please delete all the blank "Link xx=" lines in the insteon.ini. This was a bug in hs3 and it generally slows down the plugin
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Duh! Sorry to waste your time. I forgot the .dlls. (I've been working with someone else on a different plugin which has had updated only to the exe). I updated the .dlls and the Button is now correctly triggering the alert.

Thank you!

-Mike

Comment

No problem. glad it's working
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Problem with keypad trigger

Hey guys ! We have installed an Insteon / Homeseer setup for a commercial application and we use keypadlincs to trigger important events troughout the day. The problem we have is that we have actions to control the keypadlinc's buttons status when a certain button is selected.

For example, we have 4 lighting scenes so buttons A B C D are entitled scene1, 2 , 3, 4. When we press scene 1, an event triggers for many different devices and we have in the actions the following :
                    - Turn off buttons B, C, D ( since scene 1 was selected )

the trigger is a simple insteon special action " transmit an on command" but the results are very unreliable. The B C D buttons will turn off then back on on a random order. We have NOTHING that conflicts with the status and only homeseer is linked to the keypads. The synch button option is disabled. We have no command to turn the buttons back on, only off commands but they turn back on after flashing once.

Any idea ?

I have had problems with keypads buttons back then, it seemed to be any button that was not physically linked to another physical insteon device would not respond well to homeseer. I figured this could not be the same problem, we are using the dual band products along with latest HS2 and insteon plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                      Hey guys ! We have installed an Insteon / Homeseer setup for a commercial application and we use keypadlincs to trigger important events troughout the day. The problem we have is that we have actions to control the keypadlinc's buttons status when a certain button is selected.

For example, we have 4 lighting scenes so buttons A B C D are entitled scene1, 2 , 3, 4. When we press scene 1, an event triggers for many different devices and we have in the actions the following :
                      - Turn off buttons B, C, D ( since scene 1 was selected )

the trigger is a simple insteon special action " transmit an on command" but the results are very unreliable. The B C D buttons will turn off then back on on a random order. We have NOTHING that conflicts with the status and only homeseer is linked to the keypads. The synch button option is disabled. We have no command to turn the buttons back on, only off commands but they turn back on after flashing once.

Any idea ?

I have had problems with keypads buttons back then, it seemed to be any button that was not physically linked to another physical insteon device would not respond well to homeseer. I figured this could not be the same problem, we are using the dual band products along with latest HS2 and insteon plugin.
                      sound like you only want one scene (ie kpl btn) on at a time. you should setup the four buttons in a radio group using the plugin. this will program the kpl and then only one btn will be on at a time, the others will turn off.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mn !

This worked like a charm. Altough it does not explain the weird button action on the keypad with the simple event we set up, it fixed the problem on the hardware side and it's much better since the buttons respond in realtime rather than waiting for homeseer to process all actions.

Can you tell me if the hs action button status is an insteon bug ? I am thinking homeseer send too many commands to the keypad and this one cannot threat them all reliably.

Thx again ! Your plugin is always improving with the right options !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                          Hi Mn !

This worked like a charm. Altough it does not explain the weird button action on the keypad with the simple event we set up, it fixed the problem on the hardware side and it's much better since the buttons respond in realtime rather than waiting for homeseer to process all actions.

Can you tell me if the hs action button status is an insteon bug ? I am thinking homeseer send too many commands to the keypad and this one cannot threat them all reliably.

Thx again ! Your plugin is always improving with the right options !
                          if you post a screen shot of the old event action list i might be able to answer your question

glad its working
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark !

I will send you screen shots of the events, logs and status updates of the buttons. We need to control the keypads buttons status via separate events and we update 2 buttons with on action and the 6 others with off action. This is a pretty straight forward event but the keypads buttons shows random status. Some of the buttons actually sent a on goes off and vice-versa.

Note again that these 2 keypads have no loads or direct links to the buttons. They only speak and are being spoken to/from hs.

I will send screenshots in a jiffy, need to get this done today. The network has 90% reliability and all events work fine. I doubt its a signal problem since buttons actually respond but with incorrect status.

Thx !

Comment

Here you go, this event for example triggers a desired light level for the whole restaurant, you can see it has off commands for most buttons but some buttons on both keypads will actually turn on when they were off before the event. I will try to get a log of the event being processed but I cant right now because restaurant will be occupied until tonight. Can you give me your thoughts on what could be causing this ? Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X