Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost a chunk of my Insteon database? HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a chunk of my Insteon database? HELP!

HS3 VER 3.0.0.68 Insteon Ver 3.0.3.17

Well, everything was going pretty smooth. I just got the insteon thermostat plugin working, and wanted to setup a control for 2 duct booster fans I have installed in the attic.

I went and found the device. It was listed as floor-2 Attic Duct Booster Fans and the insteon address was 17.F0.87.1

I had never seen the .1 on the end of the insteon address, so I decided to delete it, and just re-enter it. The plugin took a painfully long time to delete this one device, but it finally finished.

After it was finished, I went back to Manage devices page, and saw this first screen shot. It was actually worse, starting with devices in the low 50's, then I rebooted HS3, and some of the devices came back, but I lost devices 67-76?
    The second screen shot is the error log. The bottom screen shot goes on and on and on and on!

How screwed am I?
    I have just moved my HS3 system over to a laptop, from a tower PC. I did this about 10 days ago. I still have HS3 installed, and seems to work, on the old tower PC. If there is no way to fix my current install, what files do I need to transfer over and plug back into my current HS3 laptop?

Thanks for any help!
    Michael
    Attached Files
    Last edited by swanie2000; March 22, 2014, 02:07 AM.

where are you at with this?

can you restore a prev insteon.ini?

the address should have read 17.F0.87:1

colon 1, not dot 1.

i do this to keep the IDs unique for devices that have multiple groups like KPLs.

the number after the colon is the internal device group number.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

also, clean up your insteon.ini by deleting lines that look like the following

link 1=
      link 2=

if you have link lines that have nothing after the equals then you can delete the entire line.

backup the insteon.ini

shutdown hs first, edit the ini and then restart.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
        I ended up replacing every file I could find with the letters "insteon" in the file name. I rolled back to my old machines data base, it was only 10 days old, so not too bad.

I then installed some backup routines to back up the HS3 directory every night, so as I will not have this scare again.(hopefully)

I have gone through the file, and deleted tons of extra blank lines. I did that a few months ago. I thought that problem was caused by some conflict between your plugin, and the HS3 software? I assumed that was solved, a few versions back, and wouldn't happen again? I will look through the file again, and see if it is a mess like before.

Honestly, I am afraid to delete anything now, after that mess. Good lesson to learn about the needs for several backups!

You are right about the colon. It was a colon, and now that I am looking for it, I see it everywhere. So that part was OK. Just do not know what/why that happened? Your plugin is very solid. I just recently had added version 3.0.0.0 of the insteon thermostat, that was the last thing I did, prior to loosing all that data.

Comment

the extra blank lines "link x=" should occur any more but if you start having troubles check this out and let me know

remember to back up the hs database
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
          X