This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Wire SwitchLinc Dimmer Issue

So, here is another strange one Mark.... I have a RF 2 Wire SwitchLinc Dimmer that I can turn on by a dim command and Off always responds, but it will NOT turn on via a plain ON command.

From the device page:
    Device Type: RF 2-Wire SwitchLinc Dimmer
    Firmware Version: BC
    Comm Reliability: 100% (0 failed out of 79 cmds)

I've also attached a detailed log on sending:

dim command
    off command
    on command
    dim command
    off command

the only command that did not actually work is the On command.
    Attached Files

Make sure your default on level for the device is set to something other than '0'. In my experiences with some devices they default to 0.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

yes, please check or program the default on level to something
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Default on is 90%...

Comment

I've noticed some issues with my 2-wire dimmers as well. I've returned one to Smarthome already and some others have been acting up as well.

The one I returned would turn off immediately after I turned it on manually. After doing this a couple of times, it would stay on. I replaced the switch and now the new one works fine except when it is dimmed (anything other than full on or full off). When dimmed it will turn off and on repeatedly. I turned on detailed logging in Mark's plugin and there are no messages going to or coming from the switch, it just blinks on and off until it is turned to 100% on or off.

So I'm thinking they might have some hardware issues with these switches. If you reach a dead end with troubleshooting the Homeseer/Insteon Plugin you may want to get in touch with Smarthome and see if it might be a hardware issue. I think I'm going to have to do the same now that the "new" switch is having issues as well.

Comment

I never really had any problems with the 2-wire switch i have.

how about a factory reset and reprogram
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X