This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing HS3

Mark I asked you a question about how long it should take HS to execute Insteon commands; before the question was on / off command sequence.

But I am in the process of converting to HS3 and just installed your latest software and I think I am still having an issue.

I have a movie event that closes the curtains (2) and then turns off 12 devices and turn on 2 devices.

How long should that event take to run?
    I am getting 15 to 18 seconds to run, I myself think is too long.

Joe.

I can't speak for Mark's plugin or HomeSeer for that matter, but I can say Insteon commands can be sent very rapidly. I have used Insteon modules as the heart of a light show in the past, and could trigger on/off and dim many times per second, sequenced to music.

Now, with that said, I've installed HS3 and Mark's plugin and I'm having terrible results. I have only a single Insteon device controlled by a PLM (desk lamp). It worked fine under HS2 and Mark's plugin. Now I get communication errors andtimeouts, and the light only works occasionally.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
      Mark I asked you a question about how long it should take HS to execute Insteon commands; before the question was on / off command sequence.

But I am in the process of converting to HS3 and just installed your latest software and I think I am still having an issue.

I have a movie event that closes the curtains (2) and then turns off 12 devices and turn on 2 devices.

How long should that event take to run?
      I am getting 15 to 18 seconds to run, I myself think is too long.

Joe.
      Joe,

if you are controlling the devices one at a time via individual actions then your estimate is about right. if you need to a quicker response i would suggest creating a group or two to control the devices all at once with one command.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        I can't speak for Mark's plugin or HomeSeer for that matter, but I can say Insteon commands can be sent very rapidly. I have used Insteon modules as the heart of a light show in the past, and could trigger on/off and dim many times per second, sequenced to music.

Now, with that said, I've installed HS3 and Mark's plugin and I'm having terrible results. I have only a single Insteon device controlled by a PLM (desk lamp). It worked fine under HS2 and Mark's plugin. Now I get communication errors andtimeouts, and the light only works occasionally.
        can you post the comm stats on your manage device page for the device in question.

for the record, the plugin sends commands one at a time and waits for an ack/nak from the device. I have found based on testing that ACKs/NAKs get clobbered if the plm just keeps sending out commands.

hs3 is definitely causing some slowness (vs hs2) i just haven't figured it out yet
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Morning Mark,

Can you please e mail me at joeromstadt at gmail dot com, I like to talk to you about a request.

Thanks Joe.

Comment

4/28/2014 2:12:40 PM ~!~Error~!~Getting plugin GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            4/28/2014 2:13:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Interface_TrapError called from SendHex

get these errors when we try to program device for use with homeseer.

don't know if this is related to the timing issue or not.

Comment

4/28/2014 2:12:40 PM ~!~Error~!~Getting plugin GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              4/28/2014 2:13:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Interface_TrapError called from SendHex

get these errors when we try to program device for use with homeseer.

don't know if this is related to the timing issue or not.
              did the system generate an insteon error report.log file? if so can you post it.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

where do I find that for HS3?

Comment

where do I find that for HS3?
                  it would be in your config folder. check the contents to see if there are datetime stamps around the time when you had the problem
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Nothing at all 4/24/14 is the last entry in the Error_Report_Log, how can this be?

Comment

the error report log only gets updated on exceptions. can't log everything.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I understand that, other wise all your code it try/catch...
                        But who's is writing that to the HS3 window the Plugin or HS itself?

Comment

I understand that, other wise all your code it try/catch...
                          But who's is writing that to the HS3 window the Plugin or HS itself?
                          the plugin uses hs.writelog for the hs3 log. sounds like something crashed and stopped working; maybe the plugin
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X