This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs2 to hs3 staggered migration

Mark..for sanity and cost reasons, I'm migrating from hs2 to hs3 a few functions at a time over a few months. I have your new plugin and appreciate the upgrade discount!

My question is, can I lift and carry some device definitions from an hs2 plugin config file to an hs3 plugin file? I was hoping to do that to move devices by functions / events, and then instruct the hs3 plugin to program the moved devices for hs3. Hs2 has a hub, hs3 is on plm

Any migration suggestions appreciated

Paul

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Paul

paul,
    if you take your insteon.ini to the new server and start the plugin, it will rebuild all the hs devices for devices and groups.

that said, I thought hst built a migration tool for devices and events; but I havn't tried it. check the hs3 forum for this.

you may want to play with a few different scenarios to see which one gets you closer to the end game.

I started clean with hs3; I even registered all the devices from scratch; but this is of course not optimal. I needed to do this for a real test of starting clean with hs3 and my plugin; it worked great but took a while; I had 80 devices to register.
    Last edited by mnsandler; May 5, 2014, 08:13 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Re: Hs2 to hs3 staggered migration

Thanks Mark, that's the answer I thought you would give,and makes sense

Two things will lead to slow and steady progress for me....a lot of functionality implemented over 14 years that is counted on...re WAF. In addition, I travel, I can only change what I can handle from far away.

Thanks as always for the thoughts and support.

Paul

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Paul

Comment

Yah, rebuilding all the events and scripts is the real work but i think it will be worth it since HS3 allows for better editing of events.

My real pain is migrating away from DooMotion to BLRadar. All that code i wrote for DM is useless now

good luck
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

And its Doostat for me. Jim Doolittle's software is still impressive and needed in today's world. Very much a testament to his visionary approach to HA.

I would keep my RCS x10 stats if there was doostat for HS3. I will keep them as the only devices in HS2 running on Doostat for the momemt, most of their functionality is self contained.

I used to be a weekend warrior on HA projects, but not this one...
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X