This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems getting X10 working with HS3

I only have 1 type of X10 module left on my system... Chime module. For the life of me I can not get X10 working. I followed the directions to add the module and have it become type "insteon X10", but when I try to manually turn it on or off, this is what gets logged:

Device Control Device: 1st Floor Hallway Door Bell Chime to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

and for OFF:

Device Control Device: 1st Floor Hallway Door Bell Chime to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Shouldn't this be logged as insteon instead of "Device Control"?

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Device Control is the generic HS log entry for everything when you control the device from the dev mgmt page

Turn on detailed logging on the plugin config page, and then try the on/off btns again.

I'm looking for log entries from the plugin thta its sending X10 cmds
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tom,
        It looks like the plugin is sending the x10 cmds. Have you moved the chime module closer to the plm to make sure there isn't a noise/signal issue here?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I moved the chime module to the same outlet of the plm, and still does not work. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

EDIT:: Just realized I had version 3.0.4.4 When I updated to 3.0.4.8 everything works fine now.
          Last edited by tomstechnic; June 19, 2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Must be something wrong with the PLM. Chimes plugged in any distance away are not working. I have very clean power, with most if not all noisy devices filtered. Strange that insteon works fine, but x10 does not.

Comment

can you try a different x10 house code and unit code, and a different device
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Chime Module #1 D9 - Works when in same outlet as PLM.

Chime Module #2 Did not work as D9, but did work when I changed it to M1.

Does this make any sense? I'll try changing the other modules to M1 when I get time this weekend, and if they all work I'll be happy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was ready to buy a new PLM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstechnic View Post
                  Chime Module #1 D9 - Works when in same outlet as PLM.

Chime Module #2 Did not work as D9, but did work when I changed it to M1.

Does this make any sense? I'll try changing the other modules to M1 when I get time this weekend, and if they all work I'll be happy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was ready to buy a new PLM.
                  let me know what you find.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Moved the second Chime module to a different circuit, does not work. Insteon devices on the same circuit work great. Does this point to a problem with the PLM?

Comment

insteon devices can eat x10 msgs. this is not a plm issue. do you have an x10 booster you can put on that circuit or put the chime module on a circuit with fewer insteon modules
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X