This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plm USB troubles

Mark. I am back with repeated problems from my 2413U running HS2. Intermittently HS can't find the com port and I lose control functions. We have been down this road and it's not reliable. I reboot and pull out the USB and ac connections and get it back. Should I try a new PLM? Thanks. George
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Is you USB root hub set to allow computer to turn off as in this screen shot? If this is checked uncheck it.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Where do I find that page. I have pro 100 Looked in device manager didn't see.
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Its under Device Manager / Hardware tab / Universal Serial Bus controllers / USB Root Hub.

I have mine in HS not set to do any Power Management on any of the USB Root Hubs.

See Pic.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; June 7, 2014, 02:24 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Can't find device manager on pro 100. Must be different name

Comment

Nope its there.

Go to Control Panel then click on System. A box will come up called System Properties.

Click on the Hardware Tab. First button on the Hardware Tab is Device Manager.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ah. Ok thanks Pete

Comment

You are welcome George.

Here I do not utilize any power savings features on the Homeseer box except for the computer monitor stuff.

That and the computer is running connected to a KVM and I never look at the monitor always accessing it remotely on the network.

Using the Zee for example and it being "solid state" there are really no moving parts in it except the the little traveling electrons. Its regular state is very low powered such that you do not need really any sort of power management.

mcsSprinklers here is also running on a "solid state" device using a CF card / SSD USB stick and doesn't really get warm these days.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Mission accomplished! Thanks so much Pete

Comment

still not right....

ok, after a week or two of resetting the USB device page as noted, i still have problems. same thing, HS Cannot open COM10.... i have to unplug the plm and usb, then re-plug and restart HS, then communications is established. i need my insteon to be more reliable than this... especially with leak detctors etc. any other suggestions welcome. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                      ok, after a week or two of resetting the USB device page as noted, i still have problems. same thing, HS Cannot open COM10.... i have to unplug the plm and usb, then re-plug and restart HS, then communications is established. i need my insteon to be more reliable than this... especially with leak detctors etc. any other suggestions welcome. thanks
                      you need to get the plm off com10 down into the com1 to com9 range.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you give me a quick tutorial on that. It seems to automatically find it. I go thru a USB hub then to HS
                        Thanks Mark

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                          Can you give me a quick tutorial on that. It seems to automatically find it. I go thru a USB hub then to HS
                          Thanks Mark
                          from device manager, open com10 and try changing the port number from the Advanced button.

you may need to run the ftdi clean utility to remove unused com port driver setups that are holding lower ports in use.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i am working off a usb hub. there are two other devices in it.
                            details on ports 9 and 10 in device manager seem similar
                            FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+A501LC8IA\0000 com 10
                            FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+A100FXZ5A\0000 com 9

both are FTDI 7-12-13 v 2.8.30.0

not sure how i delete and reassign

Comment

the hub does not assign com ports, windows does. you need to look at device manager and see if there are unused com ports you can reassign the plm to or look into the ftdi clean utility I mentioned (ftdichip.com)
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X