This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x10 wont initialize - Solved!

mark - plug in wont enable x10 for some reason. tried many times. says trial or license out of date but i am fully licensed as you know. i also have the same plug in cant find port issues that i have had in past. iots so darn random. would i be better of with a new unit? or the hub?
    still on HS2, switching to 3 this summer. thanks george
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Originally posted by gfs View Post
    mark - plug in wont enable x10 for some reason. tried many times. says trial or license out of date but i am fully licensed as you know. i also have the same plug in cant find port issues that i have had in past. iots so darn random. would i be better of with a new unit? or the hub?
    still on HS2, switching to 3 this summer. thanks george
    what version are your running?

did you try to send an x10 cmd regardless of the msg?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

not sure what that means. first time this one ever happened. you know i have problems with my plug in not finding the com port. happened again. this time wont initialize and the x10 wont work. thanks
      Attached Files
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

HS 2.5.0.60 your plug in 2.0.0.4
        nothing changed in weeks, fine operation, then today i get this after restart of the system.

Comment

Mark any suggestions for getting x10 back?

Comment

Any errors listed in the HomeSeer.log file that may help troubleshoot?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

"unable to initialize x 10 either no license or trial has expired." but the plug in is correctly registered

Comment

"unable to initialize x 10 either no license or trial has expired." but the plug in is correctly registered
                I'm not sure why this just happened unless you recently updated/installed a new plugin but this issue is a really old HS2 issue. Try disabling the plugin, restarting your server, then use a browser other than IE to enable the plugin.

Comment

how about trying an older version?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The bottom line is you need to find what should be written to the line:
                    gSelectedx10Interface=X10 CM11A/CM12U
                    in the settings.ini file and correct it. This issue is I'm not sure what this (the part in bold) should be using the Insteon plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      The bottom line is you need to find what should be written to the line:
                      gSelectedx10Interface=X10 CM11A/CM12U
                      in the settings.ini file and correct it. This issue is I'm not sure what this (the part in bold) should be using the Insteon plugin.
                      interesting...here is what mine has
                      gSelectedx10Interface=Inste

not sure why its truncated. probably should be

gSelectedx10Interface=Insteon
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

sorry but you've lost me with this info.
                        i have done nothing to update or install a new plug in..
                        i disabled. restarted the pro 100. then used chrome to enable the plug in.
                        i still get the DISABLED box in the x 10 column. and the log says cant initialize.
                        this problem just occured today. i added a zwave hsm 100 sensor. thats all.
                        i have gotten the "cant find com12" port message several times. used to get this in past and i woulkd have to restart.

Comment

i still get the DISABLED box in the x 10 column. and the log says cant initialize.
                          i have gotten the "cant find com12" port message several times. used to get this in past and i woulkd have to restart.
                          So try opening your settings.ini file and look for :
                          gSelectedx10Interface and set it to
                          gSelectedx10Interface=Insteon

Comment

you need to switch to com1 to com9. hs2 doesn't like com10+ very much
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

rupp the ini.settings say =insteon
                              mark i will try to change the port but insteon was running fine on com 12 for a few weeks and i never had this x 10 problem. seems like a separate problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X