This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon app -> hub -> plugin

During the setup of my insteon devices, I downloaded and installed the insteon iphone app, it has the ability to learn new devices and create scenes.

I went around doing just that from my phone, it's very easy to use and setup.

Is there anyway to get that data into homeseer, from the hub without running around and re-doing everything in both systems?

Maybe it's there and I'm missing it. But I was expecting to find a way to create homeseer devices and insteon groups in homeseer from the data stored in the hub.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Hi Joe-

The short answer is no. There is a database each for:
    1. the plugin. Your devices are kept in the Insteon ini file as you add them with manage devices (or companion plugins)
    2. mobile apps. This database is actually kept in "the cloud" at connect.insteon.com. You can login to different phones/mobile OS's with your account and access your devices and groups that you defined that way.

You can use them side by side, however each has its own database references to the hub's links. The links are not duplicated on your insteon network so you don't lose links.
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
      The links are not duplicated on your insteon network so you don't lose links.
      It seems there might be some risk for the links to get out of sync with the app, if you run the "Reset and reprogram interface"

It's too bad there isn't a way to keep these all in sync. The mobile app is amazingly convenient at creating links, scenes, and adding new devices. Having to add them a second time so homeseer knows about them is frustrating. I think it's going to be more frustrating if I have to maintain scenes in two places.

I'm new to insteon, I've been using x10 and zwave for years and years. I love the ability to do this stuff so intuitively from my phone, and it was quite a disappointment that homeseer didn't know about any of it.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

No, it will be fine since the insteon device addresses are static.

I also went from x10 to insteon over time. The hub was a natural next step from the plm.

I like the smarphone app, i use it to set up simple email and text alerts for the garage door and also first alert and motion sensor battery alerts. I also have an outletlinc on my server connected only to the smartphone app to be able to hard start it if needed.

I did not program all of my devices in the smartphone app, just a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X