X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 Insteon Plug-In Version 2.0.0.38 Beta

All,
    This is very much beta...I made a lot of underlying changes to correct the fanlinc linking issues. Please backup your hs database and insteon.ini

Fixes:
    - Creating links to a Fanlinc will allow setting fan speed (off, low, med, high)
    - Inlinelinc with sense On, Off btns restores
    - On/Off devices will only get On/Off when creating links.
    - Only dimmable devices should get On Level and Ramp Rate options when creating links.
    - GetXMLBuffer error (2.0.0.13)
    - New Morninglinc device control (2.0.0.38)

Changes:
    - Set Filter button is no longer needed on Manage Device page. Just select your filter option and away you go.

Features:
    - Added SetDeviceSyncLinkedDevices("aa.bb.cc", true|false) script method to set the "Sync linked responder devices" in case the settings are mysteriously lost (2.0.0.13)
    - added support for new On/Off Outlet 2663 (2.0.0.15)

Changes in 2.0.0.26:
    - Added a "Reprogram Device" feature. This will reprogram a device with the existing links and settings after manually resetting the device. Important: Make a backup of your insteon.ini before you do this in case something goes wrong. You can revert the ini and restart HS and try again.
    - Change On level and ramp rate settings for any link in a device from the Edit Links page: make the changes using the new drop downs and press Update Selected Links

- Added device support for new Range Extender, Morninglinc, and Remotelinc
    - Added error blink op flag for KPLs
    - Added Reset btn to low battery level device for Hidden door sensors

- A few basic UI improvements

To Install:
    1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs in the zip to the homeseer folder
    4. Restart HS

please delete and re-add any affect device just to make sure. And recreate other links to control the fanlinc as well
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; November 1, 2015, 09:55 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Thanks for getting this out so quickly. Do we have to remove and re-add FanLincs or does it "just work"?

Comment

Originally posted by pgovotsos View Post
      Thanks for getting this out so quickly. Do we have to remove and re-add FanLincs or does it "just work"?
      please delete and re-add just to make sure. and recreate other links to control the fanlinc as well
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Lost hs.plugin to externally registered devices

Mark,

I had to roll back to V 1.8.2.10 of the plugin.
        New enough that all my devices are usable, and the hs.plugin commands that I lost are working.

I replaced a failed device and upgraded to the newest driver. Happily its device type was now found and properly registered, but with 2.0.0.9 I lost the ability to control my externally registered devices with my scripts. (I do want to use a script to run a watering program on the ezrain, but first it checks my weather station for recent rainfall.) The command: hs.plugin("Insteon").ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice "EZRain1", &H0, &H42, &H2 generates an error.

BTW: Thanks for continuing the development of the HS2 plugin. I appreciate that there is a path for those of us who are finding the path to HS3 difficult. I have purchased HS3 and your HS3 insteon plugin, but HS3 and HS2 cannot access the PLM at the same time, making running both side by side useless. In addition, I am experiencing some stability issues in HS3. Haven't gotten a chance to troubleshoot with HomeSeer Tech Support.

Comment

Originally posted by dpm416 View Post
          Mark,

I had to roll back to V 1.8.2.10 of the plugin.
          New enough that all my devices are usable, and the hs.plugin commands that I lost are working.

I replaced a failed device and upgraded to the newest driver. Happily its device type was now found and properly registered, but with 2.0.0.9 I lost the ability to control my externally registered devices with my scripts. (I do want to use a script to run a watering program on the ezrain, but first it checks my weather station for recent rainfall.) The command: hs.plugin("Insteon").ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice "EZRain1", &H0, &H42, &H2 generates an error.

BTW: Thanks for continuing the development of the HS2 plugin. I appreciate that there is a path for those of us who are finding the path to HS3 difficult. I have purchased HS3 and your HS3 insteon plugin, but HS3 and HS2 cannot access the PLM at the same time, making running both side by side useless. In addition, I am experiencing some stability issues in HS3. Haven't gotten a chance to troubleshoot with HomeSeer Tech Support.
          do you have the error that the 2.0.0.9 generated related to ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice . I should be able to fix this easily.

just a note: there are two versions of ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice.

Public Overloads Function ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice(ByVal UniqueName As String, ByVal FlagByte As Byte, ByVal Cmd1 As Byte, ByVal Cmd2 As Byte) As Integer

Public Overloads Function ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice(ByVal UniqueName As String, ByVal FlagByte As Byte, ByVal Cmd1 As Byte, ByVal Cmd2 As Byte, ByRef Data() As Byte) As Integer
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Error

The HS log has the following entry.

Running script, script run or compile error in file: script name3424bject required: 'hs.plugin(....)' in line 12 more info: Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)'

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dpm416 View Post
              The HS log has the following entry.

Running script, script run or compile error in file: script name3424bject required: 'hs.plugin(....)' in line 12 more info: Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)'

Thanks.
              can you post the script with the call to the plugin.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Script

Thanks for taking a look at this issue. I've pasted the script in below. It checks virtual devices W43 and W42 for rain history at my weatherstation (virtual devices updated by another script from wunderground) and if the amount is in excess of the programmed amount, it skips watering. There is also a switch (W99) that can be set to skip watering (like if I have the yard setup for a party). Line 12 generates the error, I've labeled the line in a new comment above it.

Sub Main
                Dim rn
                ' weight rainfall over the last two days.
                rn=CDbl(hs.devicestring("W43"))/1.5+CDbl(hs.devicestring("W42"))*1.5

if rn < .2 then

if hs.IsOff("W99") then

'cmd1=42 for start; cmd2= 'program# to run'-1 ***0,1,2, or 3; for program 1 cmd2=0
                'next line is LINE 12
                hs.plugin("Insteon").ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice "EZRain1", &H0, &H42, &H2 ' Flags = No extra hops and direct command, Cmd1 = "42", Cmd2 = "2"

hs.enableevent "EZFLORA RUN #3"

hs.writelog "Watering Front","started"
                else
                hs.writelog "Watering", "skipped by manual device setting"
                end if

else
                hs.writelog "Watering","Skipped today due to rain "
                end if

hs.setdevicestatus "W99",3 'turn off skip!

End Sub

Comment

so i tested the plugin calls using a vbs script and a vb.net script.

i got the same error you did with the vbs script however with a vb.net script everything worked as expected. I have an email into HST on this. stay tuned
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Guys,
                    i don't know what changed regarding the hs.plugin call when i created insteon v2.x but since the vb.net script works would you mind just updating your scripts. there are plenty of examples in the programming forum if you need help with syntax.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Guys,
                      i posted Version 2.0.0.13 above. can you give it a try and let me know if you have any problems with crashes or otherwise. If so, please post any log info
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This thread has been quiet for some time now. Have you stopped dev of V2?
                        HS3 is likely never going to be an option for me due to some changes to their roadmap.

Thanks
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                          This thread has been quiet for some time now. Have you stopped dev of V2?
                          HS3 is likely never going to be an option for me due to some changes to their roadmap.

Thanks
                          I will continue to support V2 as long as HST support HS2. any feature or device i add should work in the v2 and v3 plugin.

are you having a problem with the v2 plugin?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just noticed that the beta dev seemed to stall last year.

I received a new insteon motion today and 2.0.0.4 cant seem to update the opp flags or custom settings on it.

It's a 4814 Rev 2.6 and your plugin reports firmware: 44

I'm trying to turn on Occupancy mode, turn off the LED, and lower the sensitivity down to 30%. This device is replacing a very old rev 1.0a that finally died.

Regards,
                            Tony
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I've posted the latest version 2.0.0.22 above, but there aren't any changes to MS support specifically. but give it a try and report back.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X