This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon device Address and replacement value issue

I am trying to use replacement values for an Insteon device but cannot get it to work because the Insteon device Address includes the character : which is

For example I have a device with an address that has been set to 09.74.37:1 and the string "the Insteon device status is $$DSA:09.74.37:1:" cannot be resolved correctly --> "the Insteon device status is Device Not Found1:". The HS3 replacement logic will search for a device with the address "09.74.37" instead of "09.74.37:1".

Is there a way to configure the Insteon plug-in to not use : in the device address?

the short answer is no.

can you reference your device by the dv.ref number
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I will give it a try. The reason I use addresses is that they are easy to find on the device page and in many cases the address value is more explicit which device it is compared to the ref. In a future update could the Insteon plugin to be changed so that addresses do not use the : character? Thanks

Comment

I can't change the address at this point. its the key to my entire plugin.

can you explain what hs3 function you are using or what you are trying to accomplish? there must be another way
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X