X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

faulty I/O Linc (iolinc)?

Hello Fellow Seers,
    I have an I/O Linc module that I have been using to light an LED (w/ resistor) using the NC output. This worked fine for about a year but now the LED stays on all the time - meaning that the relay doesn't open up anymore. I can hear no click.

Before I tear the thing apart and see if there is any way to replace parts, does anyone have any suggestions? The input works fine and the unit is in communication with HomeSeer via Mark's plugin. My other two I/O Lincs work just fine BTW.

Thank you in advance!

Have you tried a factor reset on the unit
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm kind of afraid to for fear of loosing all the programming, but now that I think about it, your plugin will reprogram the whole thing... correct?

Comment

It will recreate the default links. You will need to redo any links you created either manually or via the link editor.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Copy down the setting too
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No joy... reprograms fine but the relay refuses to operate...

Comment

I opened it up and the measured the voltage across the coil in the on and off state. voltage is correct, therefore the relay is bad...

Now I have to find a replacement part... not so easy because the TTI TRV-24VDC-SC-CD relay doesn't cross ref to any other part and I can't find that relay in single quantities...

To anyone: once again, any ideas appreciated.
              Thank you,

Comment

In case anyone ever finds this thread and cares... the TTI TRV-24VDC-SC-CD relay on the board burned out so I replaced it with a Radio Shack 275-0031 SPDT miniature relay. The replacement relay has a slightly higher coil resistance (400 ohms) than the TTI relay (about 370 ohms); therefore, I don't run the risk of overdriving the circuit on the I/O Linc.

The part is not a 100% drop in replacement, so jumper wires from the circuit board to the relay contacts solved that problem.

It was a little bit of work, but $4.95 sure beats $49.95 for a new I/O Linc plus my system is 100% operational again.

Sunil

Comment

Nice job on the fix. Thanks for posting.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X