X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    i didn't set a unique graphic for each dim level
    i believe i followed the hs2 convention: on, off, then dim levels. If you create a dummy/virtual device in hs3, i believe it puts the On btn first. I guess HST did something different with their Zwave devices.
    i should have something for you to test before the end of the week; will you have time?
    Sure sounds great, I will do my best to make the time. Thanks for working on this, certainly appreciate your time.
    Billy

Comment

Guys,
      i posted 3.0.5.1 at the following which should fix the hstouch slider issue once you install, add recreatedevices=true to the [config] section of the insteon.ini, and start hs again.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1128554
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Guys,
        i posted 3.0.5.1 at the following which should fix the hstouch slider issue once you install, add recreatedevices=true to the [config] section of the insteon.ini, and start hs again.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1128554
        Thanks Mark, I have downloaded the update and applied it. My initial test works. Very nice job. Thanks. I will continue testing and let you know more tomorrow.
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
          Thanks Mark, I have downloaded the update and applied it. My initial test works. Very nice job. Thanks. I will continue testing and let you know more tomorrow.
          thanks for the quick test. i didn't test an on or off btn but i think those worked already.

Side note: as for the order of the on, off, slider controls...i'm willing to do the same to change the order to Off, On, slider to make them match zwave, etc. Not sure how everyone else will respond. I was considering another ini setting to allow the user to choose the order. thoughts?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, I tested quite a while last night, different dimmers, different on/off switches. After installing 3.0.5.1 or your Insteon plugin and setting the flag, everything seems great between Insteon and HSTouch. Thanks so much for your help, it is certainly appreciated. I was reviewing bugzilla and found a different bug that describes the issues I was having and he listed Insteon and HSTouch, it is bug 2127. See http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2127. I am going to see if Joe will test this version of the Insteon plugin and see if it solves his issues as well. I would just like another set of eyes on it.

As for the order of the buttons, not really a worry, being a DBA I notice stuff like that, it can be a curse. As for options, I always like options. I looked at all of my devices, I have Insteon and some Z-Wave. I also looked at the buttons created with the sample plugin. I listed some of the orders I noticed below.

Order of Control Buttons on Device Management Screen
            Insteon (on/off) -[On] [Off]
            Z-wave (on/off) -[Off] [On]

Insteon (dimmer) -[On] [Off] [slider]
            Z-wave (dimmer) -[Off] [On] [On Last Level], slider on the second row

One button in the sample plugin had [Off] [On] [On Last Level] [Speak Hello], slider on the second row
            Billy

Comment

Working...
            X