This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create/Update Linked Responder In Event

I'm having issues with reliability of events being kicked-off based on motion sensors. The event triggered varies based on the time of day, for example, when someone walks into the bedroom, based on the time of day some or all of the 8 lights turn on and turn on at different ramp rates and at different dim levels. I currently have 3 different events that trigger on bedroom motion and only 1 triggers based on the time of day and the motion. I can't do that by doing a direct linked responder relationship between the sensor and the lights as it can't vary the dim level and ramp rate based on time of day -- can only link one setting for ramp rate and dim value. But when I have the sensor trigger an event which does take time into account, about 1/3 of the time the event doesn't trigger event even though it is setup correctly -- just not reliable.

That said, a work around may be to have the sensor directly control a lamplinc (not connected to a light, but just used as an intermediary) and have the lamplinc control each of the lights at a specific ramp rate and dimmed level when the lamplinc is turned on/off by the sensor. Then have a scheduled event change the linked responder details (ramp rate & dim level) between the lamplinc and the lights at specific times in the day so that if the sensor goes off, the lamplinc will trigger the lights correctly. I know I can't dynamically change the linked responder details in a sensor without manually putting it into listening mode, but the lamplinc I can. least manually in the HS3 interface screens.

Question: Is there a way I can drop and rebuild the linked responder info between a lamplinc and other lights (also driven by other lamplincs or wall switches) within an event (either via the available actions in the interface, hex commands or scripts)? I'd like to be able to change the settings 3 times a day. Appreciate any help / direction anyone can provide.

I understand what you are trying to do...dynamically changing the link settings during the day is probably just as unreliable (and can't be done; no script cmds for this).

i think you have it right with the different events.

my suggestion is to improve the motion sensor trigger. are you sure that HS is seeing the msgs from the MS 100% of the time? might be an RF comm issue--are there dual-band devices close or an AP close by?

Can you try a different motion sensor technology as well?

Or how about adding a second insteon MS to the mix--i've done this before as well.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X