X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interface Stopped Working

Hi

My HS3 install has been working very well for the last several months. Today (September 1), my HS3 system has stopped working and it is giving me a new message saying regarding the Plug-In Status box saying that I need to please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page.

I am running Mark's software (fully licensed) Version 3.0.4.6. Any ideas about why this suddenly changed? I have the HSInsteon and HSTouch Server Plug-In also installed but they are both Disabled.

Thank you

Brian

the plugin is having trouble connecting to the plm. please unplug the plm for about 1 minute and plugin back in and restart hs. if this don't work, then try a factory reset on the plm (see the manual).

you can reprogram the plm from the plugin config page once the plugin sees the plm.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark

Thank you for the suggestions. I was able to fix the problem by unplugging the PLM and then shutting everything down. Once the system had rested for a few moments then I restarted my PC, plugged in the PLM and restarted HS3. It was as if the problem had never existed in the first place.

Any idea why this happened? Never happened before and I have been using your plug-in for quite a while (started under HS2).

Brian

Comment

Glad its working again.

years ago the PLMs used to do this-- they would just stop working. Smarthome fixed the problem but maybe something similar is happening again.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I was having issues with the insteon interface only working for about 1-2 mins and then locking up and failing to communicate with the Hub.

I could still access the Hub directly via the IP address using a browser and the Hub configurations all looked ok.

I also reset the PC and the Hub a number of times - but as soon as I tried to use it with HS - the interface would stop working after about 1 minute.

In the end I did a factory reset of the Hub - and so far it has been working for a couple of hours.. and it looks like it may have solved the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
            I was having issues with the insteon interface only working for about 1-2 mins and then locking up and failing to communicate with the Hub.

I could still access the Hub directly via the IP address using a browser and the Hub configurations all looked ok.

I also reset the PC and the Hub a number of times - but as soon as I tried to use it with HS - the interface would stop working after about 1 minute.

In the end I did a factory reset of the Hub - and so far it has been working for a couple of hours.. and it looks like it may have solved the issue.
            i wonder if the hub has trouble keeping up with the polling
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

While it worked ok for a couple of days - but the fault has appeared again.

After a restart of the PC & HS3 - the interface will only stay active for a couple of minutes before it disconnects .

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Comment

Not sure if these are the same symptoms that I had, my interface would work again after rebooting for few days and then stopped. I bought another interface and it works great. I noticed the green light on the new interface is bright while on the old was very dim.

Now all my nodes show excellent, pinging devices.

Comment

While it worked ok for a couple of days - but the fault has appeared again.

After a restart of the PC & HS3 - the interface will only stay active for a couple of minutes before it disconnects .

Any suggestions on what to try next?
                  please review the plugin docs on the following thread, and check out the [hub] ini settings. you might try increasing the GetXMLBufferInterval setting

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    please review the plugin docs on the following thread, and check out the [hub] ini settings. you might try increasing the GetXMLBufferInterval setting

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291
                    Thanks Mark - will take a look.

Comment

Thanks Mark

I read through all the setup guides and double check all the setting.
                      I have also tried reinstalling the plugin with no success.

Just increased the GetXMLBufferInterval to 1500 to see if that works.

Comment

Changing the GetXMLBufferInterval to 1500 has not solved the issue.

the interface still stops working after a few hours.

Any other suggestions Mark?

Comment

Changing the GetXMLBufferInterval to 1500 has not solved the issue.

the interface still stops working after a few hours.

Any other suggestions Mark?
                          no immediate suggestions but one tracking idea:

can you watch the 'thread count' or other resources that the plugin uses from 'startup' to 'stops working' and see what that looks like. this can be seen in the task manager.

the thing i don't understand is each request to the hub is a new http request that opens and closes. something is getting tired or overloaded.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

I took at look at task manager and it mostly looks the same as other plugins - both before failure and afterwards.

There were 2 setting that were higher than the other plugins:

Handles - got up as high as 450
                            Threads - this was as high as 26

Comment

Mark,

I took at look at task manager and it mostly looks the same as other plugins - both before failure and afterwards.

There were 2 setting that were higher than the other plugins:

Handles - got up as high as 450
                              Threads - this was as high as 26
                              mines is hovering around 19 threads and 600 max handles.

i'm running 3.0.0.152 for

8 Days 3 Hours 37 Minutes 15 Seconds

must be something else going on
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X