This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles with HS3 and new Insteon devices

I am experiencing TAP-ADD troubles with HS3 with the latest insteon dual band dimmers that I've been getting lately.

7.4 firmware I2CS (shows as 43)

Ok. So in HS2, I tap added EVERYTHING since a couple years ago, including some of the new devices that are the same ver/etc of the ones I'm now having trouble with in HS3.

HS2 = tap add worked and so in HS3, I can see it since I moved over my INSTEON.INI (and had to re-configure for HS use all the battery sensors)

HS3 = tap add DOES NOT RECOGNIZE anything with Firmware 43 and manually entered DOES NOT RECOGNIZE (and therefore will not add the device)

I had some non dual band dimmers that are virgin to my system that I tried out just for fun (firmware 40 when they popped up) and they tap added no issues in HS3.

Am I missing something perhaps? I'll be happy to test and report anything.

Thanks in advance to all that help out!

HS3 ver: 3.0.0.96
    INST ver: 3.0.5.4

Can you post a detailed log snippet of your attempt to tap-add the device. i would like to see if the device is responding at all, and if so how

enable Detailed logging on the config page, then attempt the tap-add, and then copy the pertinent log entries from the hs log
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am delightfully surprised as I connected the "non tap-adding" dimmer to one of the last locations in my house that need converting to insteon and after turning on Tap-Adding, I was able to successfully add the device!

I thank you very much Mark for your quick reply and assistance -- I don't know what I would do without your plugin (probably have to write my own) and have been using it for years.

Thanks again and I am very happy that this device is working. Next time I'll troubleshoot a bit more before throwing up any flags!

Comment

Working...
      X