X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change % in runtime

Hi
    for some reason the same size window with the same runtime settings have different shade status.
    20% on one window will give me 25% shade were on another window it will give me 50% shade.

will the increase of the runtime balance the percentage of the shade level?

I don't know. I think you will have to run a few trials
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hey Mark.
      things are getting weirder.....

i created an events for each and every shades settings i would like:
      25% open
      50% open
      75% open

only half shades
      only 25% light shades and etc.

now i timed them perfectly so 30% in the device will equal 25% open in the event.
      the next day most of the shades in the house will have their percentage changed..... what was 20% is now 30% and what was 60% is now 70%.
      i can go over and change them all but the next day they will move again.
      the runtime hasnt been changed and the status is polled every 5 min

any ideas?

Comment

I'm hoping someone else will chime in here...
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hey Mark.

this is still happening.. same window size, same runtime but different % in homeseer.

let me ask you something, i think i have noticed that when i select a settings and the HUB / Homeseer thinks the device is in a different runtime as it actually is.

for example i set one of my shades to be opened 50%. the i decided to move it to be open only 10%, it actually closed it all together. moved it to be 50% again and it was in a different settings as the 50% before.
          but if i let it close or open all the way and wait the runtime amount, it will be back to normal settings.
          so it seems that each time the devices are getting different settings.
          i set the poll time to 5 min but it didnt change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
            Hey Mark.

this is still happening.. same window size, same runtime but different % in homeseer.

let me ask you something, i think i have noticed that when i select a settings and the HUB / Homeseer thinks the device is in a different runtime as it actually is.

for example i set one of my shades to be opened 50%. the i decided to move it to be open only 10%, it actually closed it all together. moved it to be 50% again and it was in a different settings as the 50% before.
            but if i let it close or open all the way and wait the runtime amount, it will be back to normal settings.
            so it seems that each time the devices are getting different settings.
            i set the poll time to 5 min but it didnt change anything.
            can you post a few log entries specifically the insteon msgs being sent when you control the device:

maybe a log entry for 20%, 50%, open (100%), and close (0)
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

When you operate a shutter, it is much easier for the motor to lower the shutter, than to open the shutter.
              Therefore the time to lower the shutter will be shorter then to open the shutter.
              So if you go to 20% and then go to 80%, back to 20% back to 80% and so on, the shutter will go lower and lower.
              That's why you have to callibrate the up time and the down time in the module.
              See if calibrating again will give a better result.
              Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

What module is this thread referencing? Is this for the I/O Linc - INSTEON 318276i to Somfy RF Drape Control Kit?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  What module is this thread referencing? Is this for the I/O Linc - INSTEON 318276i to Somfy RF Drape Control Kit?
                  neither, its a smarthome ITEM #: 2444-222

http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-mic...se-module.html
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                    When you operate a shutter, it is much easier for the motor to lower the shutter, than to open the shutter.
                    Therefore the time to lower the shutter will be shorter then to open the shutter.
                    So if you go to 20% and then go to 80%, back to 20% back to 80% and so on, the shutter will go lower and lower.
                    That's why you have to callibrate the up time and the down time in the module.
                    See if calibrating again will give a better result.

Hey. thanks for your comment.
                    i did re-calibrated the motor in the module and in the runtime option under mark's Plugin.
                    its still the same.. meaning if i open the shades to 50% and then will move to 30% it will not be the same as closing/opening the shade all the way and then going to 30%

Comment

Hey. thanks for your comment.
                      i did re-calibrated the motor in the module and in the runtime option under mark's Plugin.
                      its still the same.. meaning if i open the shades to 50% and then will move to 30% it will not be the same as closing/opening the shade all the way and then going to 30%
                      can you post a few log entries specifically the insteon msgs being sent when you control the device:

maybe a log entry for 20%, 50%, open (100%), and close (0)
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i will upload the logs to you.
                        this is driving me crazy. i spent a few hours getting everything just timed correctly and the next day everything changes. and i mean all the runtimes on all the shades.

do you just need the log entry ? or do you want the full log so you can see what is going on ?

Comment

i will upload the logs to you.
                          this is driving me crazy. i spent a few hours getting everything just timed correctly and the next day everything changes. and i mean all the runtimes on all the shades.

do you just need the log entry ? or do you want the full log so you can see what is going on ?
                          is the device saving your settings? when you reread links and settings do the same settings get get read back in?

i just want to see the log entries when you activate the few settings i mentioned
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i will get this during tonight and will send it to you.

yes, when i re-read the settings they are reserved (including change in Beep or forward/reverse)

Comment

but you may remember the other post of the "sync lost"
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...71#post1143571
                              this still happens and i am loosing the sync checkbox on a daily basis.
                              maybe this has something to do with the change in the runtime?

for some reason something is changing the settings

Comment

Working...
                              X