This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.
    so the checkbox issue for the time been is working thanks to your workaround.

but the runtime % is still off.
    is there a way to schedule a device settings pull?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
      Thanks.
      so the checkbox issue for the time been is working thanks to your workaround.

but the runtime % is still off.
      is there a way to schedule a device settings pull?
      you can create a similar script with the following call

hs.PluginFunction "Insteon", "", "getdevicesetting", new object() {"xx.yy.zz", "Run Time (secs)"})
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks

i get this now:
        Method getdevicesetting does not exist in this plugin

Script Command:
        &hs.runscript "SetRuntime.vb", true, true

SetRuntime.vc File:

sub Main(parms as object)

Rem Childrens Room Right Shades
        hs.PluginFunction ("Insteon", "", "getdevicesetting", new object() {"20.1B.A9", "Run Time (18)"})

Rem Childrens Room Left Shades
        hs.PluginFunction ("Insteon", "", "getdevicesetting", new object() {"1F.DF.7B", "Run Time (18)"})

Rem Small Childrens Room Shades
        hs.PluginFunction ("Insteon", "", "getdevicesetting", new object() {"20.1B.E3", "Run Time (18)"})

end sub

Comment

hs.PluginFunction ("Insteon", "", "GetDeviceSetting", new object() {"20.1B.E3", "Run Time (secs)"})

two things:
          1. since you want to read the settings, don't change the setting name.
          2. function names are case sensitive

if you want to set the value, you can use an action Insteon Change Settings or the following script method

Public Function SetDeviceSetting(ByVal InsteonID As String, ByVal SettingName As String, ByVal NewValue As String) As Boolean

i'll leave it to you implement the script if you need go that route
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark.
            first of all thank you very much for all your help.
            it great to get such support from you.

scheduling an event to retrieve the settings of a device does bring back the ability to time the open/close of the shades but this is only a workaround.

what is causing this to get out of focus?
            what info do you need to try and fix this?
            thanks

Comment

Mark.
              first of all thank you very much for all your help.
              it great to get such support from you.

scheduling an event to retrieve the settings of a device does bring back the ability to time the open/close of the shades but this is only a workaround.

what is causing this to get out of focus?
              what info do you need to try and fix this?
              thanks

I needs two things:

#1. can you post a few log entries specifically the insteon msgs being sent when you control the device:

maybe a log entry for 20%, 50%, open (100%), and close (0)

#2. when/how frequently do you run the event to retrieve the settings? what is the trigger or conditions you use?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

right now i am updating the settings once a day (well this is my first day)
                i ran the script this morning and until now the settings are still there.
                makes me think there is a maintenance work task on Homeseer that is maybe screwing up the saved data?

this is the command i am running:
                &hs.runscript "SetRuntime.vb", true, true

i set the scheduler to run 1 hour before sunrise thinking maybe during the night the settings are reverted to different settings.
                i can disable this script and leave it for a day, maybe it will return with the problems?

another issue (or maybe related because it does concern device status) -
                i can see on the main homepage that the device is in status "open" although if i enter the device, the status will be 22 DIM.

i havent seen these issues with light dimmers or other devices.
                it seems to affect only the open/close modules.
                Attached Files

Comment

how about #1 from post #36
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here you go:

נוב-03 20:26:39 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    נוב-03 20:26:28 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (50) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    נוב-03 20:26:09 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (20) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    נוב-03 20:26:01 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Here you go:

נוב-03 20:26:39 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      נוב-03 20:26:28 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (50) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      נוב-03 20:26:09 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (20) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      נוב-03 20:26:01 Device Control Device: Children Large Room Children - Left Shades to Open (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      thanks but i need to see the insteon msg as well. these are just hs msgs. enabled detailed logging first in the plugin.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

please try 3.0.5.8. i changed the Insteon command used for the Off/Close.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok Updated the version.
                          should i disable the checkbox sync and setting events?
                          just to see if this is resolved

Comment

Ok Updated the version.
                            should i disable the checkbox sync and setting events?
                            just to see if this is resolved
                            the change is only for the micro open/close device.

separately, i did notice there is a hs3 beta that has a 'fix' related to ini files. you may want to try that. you would want to disable the event then.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok. did this both.
                              i will update you in a bit
                              thanks again for all your help

Comment

here is the log you requested

http://pastebin.com/V1YfkY3d

Comment

Working...
                                X