This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2487s not found

I just installed a new 2487s keypad. The power buttons seem to work fine and I can turn the light on and off. Problem is that HomeSeer cannot find the device. I have tried to enter the address and it is not found on my network. I have tried to use the Set button to put the device in Discovery mode but HomeSeer cannot detect it.

Is there something wrong with my wiring or do I potentially have a defective device? I thought about exchanging the keypad with another that I have in the house but figured that I would post here first.

Thank you

Brian
    <!-- / message -->

can you tell me the devicetype number from the config\insteon.ini file. r the last [device x] section is probably this new device; confirm the ID
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark

I rechecked my address and nothing seemed to work. So I uninstalled the unit and swapped it for another keypad that I knew worked properly. Both units now run properly so something must have been not quite right when I did the original wiring.

Everything seems to be just fine now. Thank you

Comment

Just to make it known, I did a similar experience where I had a new controller which would not discover, then after rewiring to another location, it picked up fine.

I'm certain that my wiring was correct but alas it would not connect. I came on here for help but then after turning on logging and moving it somewhere else it worked fine and I attributed it to the new location.

Now after hearing this story, I believe something still may be quirky that we need to be paying attention to "better" next time. I have 5 brand new switches so hopefully this "strange occurrence resurfaces" so we can squash it one and for all...

<light hearted soapbox over>

Comment

Working...
        X