Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you supporting the new Hub (version 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you supporting the new Hub (version 2)

Any chance the new hub is supported by your plugin?

Yes, but i'm not really sure what it has to offer over the old one regarding my plugin.
    The above statement is incorrect based on recent info.
    I need to write a new driver. No timeframe yet.
    Last edited by mnsandler; December 16, 2014, 06:20 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am guessing nothing but just checking if it operates the same way with your plugin.

Comment

Mark, Insteon is not supporting their V2 Hub with HouseLinc or as a PLM at all. Just making sure you've tried the new hub and it will work with your plug-in over IP?

Comment

i have been able to initialize the hub2, register devices and control them. I need to retest the groups

reading the database links doesn't seem to respond (not a big deal). I have a query into smarthome on this.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hub 2 not working for me

I just purchased the Hub version 2 and cannot get logged in to the unit through the plug-in. I am putting in the IP+25105 port -- no joy. States interface is protected. I also cannot get logged in through just a web interface. The Insteon App on Windows 8.1 works though. I have not opened ports (25105) on my router yet -- thinking that this should not be required.

I went back to the USB 2413/PLM. Just trying the Hub 2 as an alternative.

Bleeding the edge with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.147 (Windows) with Insteon (Mark -- I will call your version Professional) 3.0.5.10.

Comment

Originally posted by dmauer View Post
              I just purchased the Hub version 2 and cannot get logged in to the unit through the plug-in. I am putting in the IP+25105 port -- no joy. States interface is protected. I also cannot get logged in through just a web interface. The Insteon App on Windows 8.1 works though. I have not opened ports (25105) on my router yet -- thinking that this should not be required.

I went back to the USB 2413/PLM. Just trying the Hub 2 as an alternative.

Bleeding the edge with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.147 (Windows) with Insteon (Mark -- I will call your version Professional) 3.0.5.10.
              you need to be able to access the hub 2 from a web browser using the local username and password before configuring it in the plugin.

no need to open the fw port

make sure you have the correct IP, ping it, and then use a port scanner to check to see if 25105 is listening.

if all else fails, factor reset the hub
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Kind of embarrassed -- Bingo. I was using the external user name. Thanks Mark!

Comment

Guys,

I just had a call with SH, turns out I'm not ready to support the Hub 2 fully. I don't have a timeframe yet.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

guys,

if you are still having issues registering devices with the Hub2 please give 3.0.5.51 a try
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I got the Echo and Hub pair when SH offered the Hub for free (though it took a month to get them both because everyone else wanted in on that deal, too). I wanted to be able to have always-on voice control and it works fine (controlling the Hub with Alexa). Of course, I just found the skill for myHS integration. I tried it last night and it was iffy: it worked sometimes and not others.

Anyway, my question is about the Hub v2 vs. my serial PLM. Is there any reason to use the hub over the PLM? I have not configured Mark's plug-in to use the hub, so HS doesn't know anything about it. Are there any features to be gained or lost if using the Hub instead of the PLM? I hadn't planned on swapping out the PLM for the Hub, but I thought I would ask in case there is something to be gained or for you guys to say, "No, don't do it! The world will end!"

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
                        I got the Echo and Hub pair when SH offered the Hub for free (though it took a month to get them both because everyone else wanted in on that deal, too). I wanted to be able to have always-on voice control and it works fine (controlling the Hub with Alexa). Of course, I just found the skill for myHS integration. I tried it last night and it was iffy: it worked sometimes and not others.

Anyway, my question is about the Hub v2 vs. my serial PLM. Is there any reason to use the hub over the PLM? I have not configured Mark's plug-in to use the hub, so HS doesn't know anything about it. Are there any features to be gained or lost if using the Hub instead of the PLM? I hadn't planned on swapping out the PLM for the Hub, but I thought I would ask in case there is something to be gained or for you guys to say, "No, don't do it! The world will end!"

Thanks,

Scott
                        From the plugin's perspective there is no difference. The plugin only addresses the hubs internal PLM chip . Stick with plm you have for use with HS. The response is much better anyways.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X