Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon Devices Missing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Just to close the loop on my issue. I ended up having to reinstall all my devices. The good news is that the shells of all my events were still there so all I had to was reenter the device names in the right places and the logic was all still intact. I had a printout of the events from before and kept the device names consistent so this part went quickly.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by taiello6683 View Post
      Just to close the loop on my issue. I ended up having to reinstall all my devices. The good news is that the shells of all my events were still there so all I had to was reenter the device names in the right places and the logic was all still intact. I had a printout of the events from before and kept the device names consistent so this part went quickly.
      thanks for the feedback. still curious as to what happened
      Mark

      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

      Comment


        #18
        Fixed

        I found my Insteon.ini listed no devices and I hadn't backed up that particular file in the past using Norton 360. I chose the best configuration file and also found the "missing" parts of my Insteon file was included in InsteonErrorReports in the Config subdirectory. I chose the best fit (newest) InsteonErrorReport and copied out the missing parts and pasted them into the Insteon.ini.

        It wasn't a perfect match to my current system but it gave me a place to start. It turned out that some of the Indexing in the InsteonErrorReports file was out of index so I had to check each item in the Events files and correct as needed but it brought me out of Never-Never Land. I also had to add some devices since I had made several major changes/additions just prior to the problem.

        Needless to say I am now backing up the Insteon.ini and Configuration file weekly. Previously I didn't realize that they weren't being backed up. Now I know!

        Still overall it worked out fine and I want to thank Mark for his great direction.

        Comment


          #19
          Glad you got it working again.
          Mark

          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
          Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

          Comment

          Working...
          X