X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leoleo
    replied
    Solved!

The comment "is there another plugin using housecode "["?" helped me. I recently installed a second GlobalCache device, when I looked at the .ini file the first device code was ], though similar it is a separate code, the second device code however was [ which was apparently causing the conflict. I changed the second device code to ] and the Insteon devices now behave normally. Thanks for your support, and on Thanksgiving Day no less!

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Leoleo
    replied
    I have many Insteon devices, they span two ascii codes, only devices [1 - [10 disappear, devices [11 - [99 remain. Along with these devices are hundreds of lines of event programming, I really don't want to start from scratch. Migration to HS3 will be very time consuming. Any ideas how to fix this? I'd be willing to abandon [1 - [10, but when I delete and reinstall the devices they seem to reuse the codes. How can I set those aside so as not to reuse? What would cause a range of codes to be corrupt?

Thanks again,

Leo

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    is there another plugin using housecode "["?

it might be worth starting clean since you only have 10 devices.

if you are considering hs3, i would switch sooner rather than later. the migration from hs2 to hs3 can be time consuming

Leave a comment:

• Leoleo
    started a topic Insteon Devices Missing

Insteon Devices Missing

Gurus,

Some Insteon devices are disappearing when I exit and restart HS. Those with ascii codes [1 - [10.
    • In startup I can see the 10 devices in the Insteon configuration list but they have lost their 'system' designation. Other devices are fine.
    • They do not show up in status, list start at [11 and up, [1 - [10 are missing
    • After I add and delete a new dummy Insteon device, they show up again in status.
    • I can move them into a new 'system' designation and fix HSTouch links.
    • They do not show up in the Event section as a device I can program
    • When I exit HS and restart they are gone again, only device codes [11 are visible ... go back to bullet 1.

Somehow device codes [1 - [10 are not loading properly on startup, any suggestions? I'm pulling my hair out and I don't have enough to spare. I hear these issues are corrected in HS3, but I'm still waiting for new plugins.

Using HS 2.5.0.52, PLM 2.0.0.13

Thanks in advance,

Leo
Working...
X