This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 to HS3 .. plugin update

Mark, I have been directed to you as the key person re Insteon support within Homeseer.

I have a 70+ device X10 and Insteon network running HS2 (with your plugin).

It is more than evident that X10 is EOL and am looking for a technology for the next 10 years ... There are a lot of people pointing to Zwave, but Insteon looks like an easier device to install and use.

These devices sit in a 3800 sqft home and x10 has some issues with fringe devices .. so another reason to change.

As I am moving to a new system running W7, I want to move to a new more reliable environment.

What control devices (such as the 2414s) do you suggest as there will be some time that I need both X10 and Insteon ability.

As well what do I need to do re the Insteon plugin I currently have?

Any help or comments would be gratefully received...

tanx Mark .. Don

post check

Comment

Don,
      For HS3, you can upgrade your existing plugin license to HS3. this can be done via the homeseer store (you'll need your hs2 license info)

My hs3 insteon plugin supports the following insteon controllers:

2413U, 2413S, and the Insteon Hubs. I do not support the 2414 or the old smartlinc

X10 is still supported with the plugin in HS3, but many users get a dedicated x10 controller instad of using my plugin.

One thing we have noticed is that once your insteon installation gets large (40+ devices) the insteon msgs will affect the x10 signal. So you will need to swap the x10 devices eventually. I think you are experiencing this already.

there are other existing threads the discuss migrating to hs3 so i let you research those.

hope this helps
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X