X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Plug-In on Linux based Hometrollers

Mark,

Just clarifying something here. Your 'consolidated documentation' links to a 3rd party site for installing drivers needed for linux based installs. I read through the docs quickly and this is not for the non technical person at all.

Is all of that manual linux install business needed for Hometrollers based on linux? I'm hoping the drivers are already there and installation is as simple as other plug-ins via the web console?

Maybe the driver installation business is only for someone loading Homeseer on their own Linux based box?

Homeseer asked me to verify with you via the boards.

Thanks!

i was able to run my plugin on a debian linux installation without installing the usb drivers.

I have no experience with the hometroller.

give it a try and see if the plugin finds the PLM
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

[QUOTE=mnsandler;1148134]

My HS2 system, with PLM/USB, and this plug-in (purchased), has been down for many months due to a totally crashed Windows platform; and I'm only now taking the time to get HS back up and running again. I have been recently researching to decide between investing in the new Insteon Hub 2, or a HomeTroller-SEL (Linux based).

I'm leaning towards the HomeTroller, but this thread concerns me. This page <http://www.homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins.html> specificly claims that the Mark Sandler Insteon plugin is compatible with the HomeTroller-SEL, yet this post here implies that said claim was made without the author having verified this. In fact, the plugin's own announcement page boldly states in bright red letters that "LINUX IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED!". How can HomeSeer make such a claim without Mark Sandler's consent? If I do purchase a HomeTroller-SEL, can I expect my Mark Sandler Insteon plugin to work on it or not?

In a related question, will the license that I received when I purchased my Insteon plugin for Windows continue to work if I switch to a Linux platform?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tim.Vargo;1152649]
        Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

My HS2 system, with PLM/USB, and this plug-in (purchased), has been down for many months due to a totally crashed Windows platform; and I'm only now taking the time to get HS back up and running again. I have been recently researching to decide between investing in the new Insteon Hub 2, or a HomeTroller-SEL (Linux based).

I'm leaning towards the HomeTroller, but this thread concerns me. This page <http://www.homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins.html> specificly claims that the Mark Sandler Insteon plugin is compatible with the HomeTroller-SEL, yet this post here implies that said claim was made without the author having verified this. In fact, the plugin's own announcement page boldly states in bright red letters that "LINUX IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED!". How can HomeSeer make such a claim without Mark Sandler's consent? If I do purchase a HomeTroller-SEL, can I expect my Mark Sandler Insteon plugin to work on it or not?

In a related question, will the license that I received when I purchased my Insteon plugin for Windows continue to work if I switch to a Linux platform?
        Tim,
        My plugin now supports Linux...make sure you get the latest plugin. I'll get the page updated. I don't think my plugin will work on the Z-bee which requires a plugin dll instead of an exe.

The Hub 2 is another issue if you want to use it with HS...I thought Hub2 was working like the original Hub worked, but the Hub 2 is different and I need to update the plugin. If you just use the Hub2 without HS, then obviously there is no issue.

I would get a PLM if you go with the HomeTroller.

Hope this helps.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

[QUOTE=mnsandler;1152694]
          Originally posted by Tim.Vargo View Post

My plugin now supports Linux
          I would get a PLM if you go with the HomeTroller.

Hope this helps.
          Thanks Mark for clarifying this. I do already have a PLM/USB, if I choose the HomeTroller, which is most likely. I had been using it for years with HS2 on Windows, but I no longer wish to keep a Windows machine running 24/7.

Would the license that I received when I purchased my Insteon plugin for Windows still be valid if I switch to the HomeTroller-SEL (Linux platform)?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tim.Vargo;1152790]
            Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

Thanks Mark for clarifying this. I do already have a PLM/USB, if I choose the HomeTroller, which is most likely. I had been using it for years with HS2 on Windows, but I no longer wish to keep a Windows machine running 24/7.

Would the license that I received when I purchased my Insteon plugin for Windows still be valid if I switch to the HomeTroller-SEL (Linux platform)?
            the same license is good on linux or windows. if for some reason you can't register the plugin, please email HS. I don't control the licensing.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X