Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.16 Release (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.16 Release (Windows & Linux)

Version 3.0.5.10 is in the Updater. This version is Linux and Windows compatible.

Please post issues with this Release here not on the Beta thread.

For 3.0.5.10, I recommend upgrading to HS3 v3.0.0.147 (but no further) for the best UI experience. Later versions of HS3 will break this version of the plugin

For 3.0.5.11+, You will need to upgrade to HS3 v3.0.0.149 (or later) for the best UI experience.

Important: Backup your homeseer database in the data folder, and the config\insteon.ini before you install this new version.

New Actions

- Disable/enable the Interface - useful during a power outage to stop the Interface from logging errors. Create a event to Disable Interface when power is lost and another to Enable Interface when power is restored.

Fixes:
    - Creating links to a Fanlinc will allow setting fan speed (off, low, med, high)
    - Inlinelinc with sense On, Off btns restores
    - On/Off devices will only get On/Off when creating links.
    - Only dimmable devices should get On Level and Ramp Rate options when creating links.
    - X10 dimming and status level tracking
    - HSTouch slider issue*
    - Device Sync issue with KPLs of type 0141 & 0142
    - Potential fix for controlling X10 devices created with earlier versions
    - Fixed fanlinc fan control list
    - getrampratetext eror, outletlinc fix
    - date issue with non US installations
    - temperature issue with Energy Display

- Lights On at Ramp Rate action for newer firmwares (3.0.5.16)
    - removed beta expiration that was accidentally left in 3.0.5.11 (3.0.5.16)

*this is a one time fix

add the following to the insteon.ini [config] section
    RecreateDevices=True

Changes:
    - Set Filter button is no longer needed on Manage Device page. Just select your filter option and away you go.
    - Username and password entry fields hidden until you enter the ip address and port, click Save and restart the plugin.
    -Changes to the port settings on the config page should immediately restart the Interface. No need to restart HS.
    - added script function SetDeviceSyncLinkedDevices. this can be use to set the checkboxes via a script.
    To execute use: hs.pluginfunction("Insteon", "", "SetDeviceSyncLinkedDevices", new object() {"aa.bb.cc", true|false})
    - Micro open/close Off control

To install:
    1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and config\insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs to the homeseer root folder (not the config folder)
    4. restart HS

Linux Info:

Use the following for the Port name: linux doesn't use COM1, COM2, etc
    Port names:
    /dev/ttyS0 is COM1
    /dev/ttyS1 is COM2

the linux plugin only supports the COM ports (physical or virtual). There is no USB port support
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; March 15, 2015, 01:08 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Do we need to add the following after installing:

RecreateDevices=True

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
      Do we need to add the following after installing:

RecreateDevices=True

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      if you are having problems with HSTouch, then this will fix that.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon Hub 2 & HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.97 (Windows)

Mark,

I ordered the new Insteon Hub 2 and ran the 'program replacement/swapped interface' but it failed. I then tried to manually resetup my insteon devices and it would read the devices, but every time I tried to 'program device for homeseer' it immediately tells me the device could not be contacted. Odd given that I can easily read the settings of the device and even control it, but not program it for homeseer.

I'm using the new Hub 2, HS3 Prod 3.0.0.97 with Insteon plugin 3.0.5.10. I saw a message on this site to go back to HS3 v3.0.0.147 but I don't see that download as an option anywhere. Serves me right for trying to upgrade to a new version of the Hub...ugh.

Any ideas -- is it really an issue with the new Insteon Hub 2, or some conflict between HS3 version and Insteon plug-in version? If I need to go back to an earlier HS3 version, where can I get it -- doesn't appear to be available on HomeSeer site.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
          Mark,

I ordered the new Insteon Hub 2 and ran the 'program replacement/swapped interface' but it failed. I then tried to manually resetup my insteon devices and it would read the devices, but every time I tried to 'program device for homeseer' it immediately tells me the device could not be contacted. Odd given that I can easily read the settings of the device and even control it, but not program it for homeseer.

I'm using the new Hub 2, HS3 Prod 3.0.0.97 with Insteon plugin 3.0.5.10. I saw a message on this site to go back to HS3 v3.0.0.147 but I don't see that download as an option anywhere. Serves me right for trying to upgrade to a new version of the Hub...ugh.

Any ideas -- is it really an issue with the new Insteon Hub 2, or some conflict between HS3 version and Insteon plug-in version? If I need to go back to an earlier HS3 version, where can I get it -- doesn't appear to be available on HomeSeer site.

Thanks!
          HS3 v3.0.0.147 is a recent beta, not a step back. The numbers count up 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, etc... The latest beta is .149 and can be found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171060

Hope this helps!
          Bryan
          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

hs3.149 won't work with my plugin 3.0.5.10

can you post a detailed log snippet of the "program device for homeseer" results
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              Works just fine actually. Haven't had any problems at all.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Windows)
              Insteon 3.0.5.10
              Bryan
              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                Works just fine actually. Haven't had any problems at all.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Windows)
                Insteon 3.0.5.10
                the page refresh during insteon transactions will be messed up. Please confirm.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ah, you are correct. I tried to re-read some device links as a test and it hangs. Now I see. Haven't had to add any new Insteon devices in a while.
                  Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                    Ah, you are correct. I tried to re-read some device links as a test and it hangs. Now I see. Haven't had to add any new Insteon devices in a while.
                    my plugin .10 works with hs3 .147

i need to post a new version to work with hs3 .149

if you don't need to register devices or read links, then you should be fine for now.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon Hub 2 & HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Windows)

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

can you post a detailed log snippet of the "program device for homeseer" results
                      Mark,

I upgraded to the HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Windows) beta and am on the Insteon 3.0.5.10 plugin. Attached is my log from the time I booted up to trying to program my Den Desk Lamp, which didn't update the screen, but showed an error stating it couldn't connect to the device when I left and went back to the page.

Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

Chris,
                        I don't think my plugin is ready for the Hub 2 based on some recent information from SH. If you can manually link the desk lamp to the plm, you should be able to program it.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS3 Build 3.0.0.149 and MSInsteon 3.0.5.11

Mark:

Just loaded 3.0.5.11 with HS3 Build 3.0.0.149 and the page refresh issue seems solved. My install seems to work great. Thanks for the update.

Also, I agree. Tried to use a Hub 2 and was very disappointed with the results. Never got it working. Went back to the 2413U PLM and am happy again.

Anyway, just posting for others...

Best Regards!

Comment

Mark,
                            I installed the latest plugin from below with the latest HS 3.0.0.149. When I try to delete duplicated devices, it goes back to the main insteon Configuration page without deleting them. How would I go from removing them?

Aldo

Comment

do the duplicate devices show up in the insteon.ini.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X