This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load sensing modules

I see that the Smart Home Insteon plug in dimmer supports load sensing. Has anyone used these modules with LED bulbs? Does an LED blub present enough of a load for the sensing to work?

Ken

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
    I see that the Smart Home Insteon plug in dimmer supports load sensing. Has anyone used these modules with LED bulbs? Does an LED blub present enough of a load for the sensing to work?

Ken
    I haven't tested with LEDs but have tested with a 7w nightlight bulb and as i recall it works just fine.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

How does load sensing actually work? All of mine support it but I haven't really played around with it and am curious.

Comment

here is a typical scenario:
        a lamp is connected to a lamplinc that supports loadsensing
        if you turn the lamp on via the manual lamp switch, the lamplinc will recognize the load has turned on and will broadcast the status change.

basicaly, loadsensing allows the insteon device to recognize when the load is turned on manually.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X