Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon triggers: what constitutes an On command?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon triggers: what constitutes an On command?

Hi Mark,

I have an event in HS3 (3.0.0.149) who's (Insteon) trigger is device "Transmits an On command"; if triggered I then set the same device to Dim 20% after a delay of 10 seconds.

The trigger and the event work fine, except that, on setting the device to a Dim value, the event is re-triggered.

My understanding of the Insteon trigger "Transmits an On command" was that it was the result of a physical press on the switch, not a device control from HS. I need you to confirm this before I dig further into this.

Here are the event and part of the HS log
    Attached Files

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Hi Mark,

I have an event in HS3 (3.0.0.149) who's (Insteon) trigger is device "Transmits an On command"; if triggered I then set the same device to Dim 20% after a delay of 10 seconds.

The trigger and the event work fine, except that, on setting the device to a Dim value, the event is re-triggered.

My understanding of the Insteon trigger "Transmits an On command" was that it was the result of a physical press on the switch, not a device control from HS. I need you to confirm this before I dig further into this.

Here are the event and part of the HS log
    yes, typically the 'transmits an On cmd" is from an inbound msg. I can't check the code right to tell you why the dim action is triggering the event.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Claude,

I built a similar event and ran it manually and the dim 20% did not retrigger the event. I can test via the physical switch at this time.

any chance a direct msg is triggering the action again.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Claude,

I built a similar event and ran it manually and the dim 20% did not retrigger the event. I can test via the physical switch at this time.

any chance a direct msg is triggering the action again.
        Thanks for checking.

I'll do some more testing.

Happy Holidays !!

Comment

Hi Mark,

I'm really puzzled on this one. Please see the attached files:
          - Insteon error log, forced & truncated
          - commented log with level = detail (events.docx.txt)
          - snippet of the event (events.png)

You'll see that I start the test by physically turning on the light 2 [2:S. bain] Mural (2B.B4.DB). Then, with no further physical intervention, when the event dims the light after 10 seconds, the Insteon special trigger "Transmits an On command" gets re-triggered, repeatedly until I turn the light off at the switch.

I'm not sure if this is an Insteon or HS issue, related or not to the versions I'm using. There are a few anomalies, in my opinion, commented in bold red in the .docx: the question is what do I do to narrow this down?
          Attached Files

Comment

Mark,

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
              Mark,

Any thoughts/suggestions?
              no, i haven't had time to process all this
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

More testing on this.

If I change the trigger, using a "Transmits an On command" from another device, different from the one referenced in the actions, the actions work well (see attached snippit). Two tests were done: by physically turning on the light (Plafonnier) and by sending a Dim from CAPI (HS).

This seems to demonstrate that a Device Control from HS, such as a Dim 20%, does activate the "Transmits an On command" special Insteon trigger.

This is not a complex event. I need your help to determine if this is an Insteon issue or not. Please advise if I can do further testing or provide additional information.
                Attached Files

Comment

things are working as designed. if you need On to mean 100% then use the hs standard device value trigger
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

yes, typically the 'transmits an On cmd" is from an inbound msg. I can't check the code right to tell you why the dim action is triggering the event.
                    ... And the plugin documentation says this about special Insteon triggers: Transmits an On Command - a single tap on.

I'm able to trigger that special Insteon trigger by setting the light On/Dim on the HS device status page: isn't that an outbound message?

I'll restate my question from my initial post:

Comment

do you have the following in your insteon.ini

[Config]
                      ProcessACKs=TRUE

this would cause the trigger to fire
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

do you have the following in your insteon.ini

[Config]
                        ProcessACKs=TRUE

this would cause the trigger to fire
                        Sure enough, I had set it to True for some testing way back ... and forgot to set it back to False. All fine now, thanks.

Comment

Good deal. thanks for the reporting back.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X