X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network

I have been moving all of my devices to the Mark's Plug-IN

I don't understand this message nor how to correct it.

"The following devices are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network"

I did click on the Button "Display the interface links"

Thanks for your assistance if you can share any insight
    Attached Files

this is just informational only.

If you don't recognize these IDs and they aren't external devices, then you can go to the individual device and delete the link associated with the bad ID.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Devices Exist

Mark thanks for the response.

These are real Insteon device in the system. I just wanted to make sure There wasn't any error or system clean-up I needed to complete.

Will this message ever go away?

Comment

the msgs will not go away unless you register these devices. If there are externally registered devices then let me know.

can you give me a little info about these devices
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Delete Links removed unregistered devices

Mark my last response was in error. I read the name of the device not the addresses....

I studies you information again and looked at the unregistered devices address associate with the real devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	edit links.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1175815

Name:	delete links.JPG
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1175816

This fixed the errors....................................

Name:	no unregistered.JPG
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1175817

thanks again for your assistance and guidance

Comment

That was easy. I guess there were left over links from factory. This happens periodically
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm seeing a similar message in my 'Main Insteon Configuration Page':

You have 34 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
              These devices and groups currently consume 91 link database entries in your interface.*
              You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
              1C.FA.62 found in Basement Bathroom Cans
              1D.27.EF found in Basement Bathroom Cans
              1C.FA.62 found in Basement Hall Cans
              1D.4E.C6 found in Basement Hall Cans
              1D.94.F0 found in Dining Chandelier
              2A.31.CD found in Dining Chandelier
              1C.FA.62 found in Entry Front Porch
              2A.33.2F found in Hall Cans
              2A.2F.63 found in Kitchen Lights
              2B.BB.F4 found in Library Over Head Lights
              1C.FA.62 found in MBR Bath Bathroom Cans
              2A.2E.C4 found in Nook Drop Light
              34.1A.0F found in Reading Room Ceiling Fan
              34.1A.0F found in Reading Room Over Head Light
              1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Pool Table
              1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Pool Table Cans
              1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Pool Table Sconces
              1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Sim Area Cans
              1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Sim Area Sconces
              1C.FA.62 found in Stairs Basement Stairs
              1D.4F.42 found in Stairs Basement Stairs
              2B.57.16 found in Stairway Chandelier
              17.61.BB found in Upstairs Hall Cans
              2B.56.8C found in Upstairs Hall Cans
              1C.FA.62 found in Workout Room Cans

Every one of these is a valid device in my home.

What does 'unregistered' actually mean? All of these devices seem to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                I'm seeing a similar message in my 'Main Insteon Configuration Page':

You have 34 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
                These devices and groups currently consume 91 link database entries in your interface.*
                You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
                1C.FA.62 found in Basement Bathroom Cans
                1D.27.EF found in Basement Bathroom Cans
                1C.FA.62 found in Basement Hall Cans
                1D.4E.C6 found in Basement Hall Cans
                1D.94.F0 found in Dining Chandelier
                2A.31.CD found in Dining Chandelier
                1C.FA.62 found in Entry Front Porch
                2A.33.2F found in Hall Cans
                2A.2F.63 found in Kitchen Lights
                2B.BB.F4 found in Library Over Head Lights
                1C.FA.62 found in MBR Bath Bathroom Cans
                2A.2E.C4 found in Nook Drop Light
                34.1A.0F found in Reading Room Ceiling Fan
                34.1A.0F found in Reading Room Over Head Light
                1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Pool Table
                1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Pool Table Cans
                1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Pool Table Sconces
                1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Sim Area Cans
                1C.FA.62 found in Rec Room Sim Area Sconces
                1C.FA.62 found in Stairs Basement Stairs
                1D.4F.42 found in Stairs Basement Stairs
                2B.57.16 found in Stairway Chandelier
                17.61.BB found in Upstairs Hall Cans
                2B.56.8C found in Upstairs Hall Cans
                1C.FA.62 found in Workout Room Cans

Every one of these is a valid device in my home.

What does 'unregistered' actually mean? All of these devices seem to be working.
                what is device 1C.FA.62? is it external device
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry for the extremely long delay in responding to your question. What I never realized until just a few hours ago is that the 'unregistered' link addresses are NOT the addresses of the listed Insteon devices, but of some bogus device (perhaps, as you suggested in another post) left over from the factory.

Is the only way to delete those links to go to the device page and manually delete them?

-M.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                    Sorry for the extremely long delay in responding to your question. What I never realized until just a few hours ago is that the 'unregistered' link addresses are NOT the addresses of the listed Insteon devices, but of some bogus device (perhaps, as you suggested in another post) left over from the factory.

Is the only way to delete those links to go to the device page and manually delete them?

-M.
                    yes, you must manually delete the links.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X