X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Insteson Devices gone in Device manager

Mark,

After 4 weeks of efforts yesterday I had several switches, dimmers, motion switches about 22 devices, installed with events working and was very pleased with the Plug In I had 24 days left on the trial...... I was so please with the Plug-IN I purchased a License and registered it late last night.... This is where something went South..

All of the time events quite working. All of the motion triggered events quite working.

I found this error message in the Insteon configuration page

You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer

I searched the forum and followed your advise set COM3 (capital letters)

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...er#post1154551

I got the plug-in to recognize the 2413U device.

However to my surprise all of the Insteon devices are missing and do not show up as configured devices......

Thoughts and advise or recovery or do I have to start all over....

not sure what happened, but you should have a backup homeseer database in the homeseer\backup or \data folder. also check to see if your insteon.ini is complete.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon .ini

Insteon.ini file has the following

[Config]
      MaxHops=2
      NumRetries=5
      WaitTimeout=3
      DetailedLog=1
      UseLocation2=0
      DoCleanups=1
      DisablePolling=0
      X10Enabled=0
      SortDeviceLinks=0
      InterfacePort=COM3
      InterfaceCapability=5
      LastInterfaceAddress=33.E2.9D

Comment

backup's

I do see the following backups

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs3 backup.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1175899

I have never restored from a backup yet so I guess I'm about to learn...

Comment

looks like the insteon.ini got truncated. hope you have a backup of that

to restore:

shutdown hs
          backup the current \data\x.hsd (x is the name of your file)
          replace the existing x.hsd in the \data folder with one of the backups. rename the backup to match.
          restore the insteon.ini to the config folder
          restart hs
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X