X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responder does not always work

Hey
    i have a few modules that control other devices as a controller and responder.

i have a on/off module that control button D on a keypad so if i turn on the light from the on/off module itself, it will light up the correct button.

i see this in the modules properties:

Link #8 Load controls Living Room Living Room 6 Button Keypad Button D (24.EF.A8)
    Link #9 Load is controlled by Living Room Living Room 6 Button Keypad Button D (24.EF.A8) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.

but for some reason sometimes it works and sometimes it does.

this is the links on the keypad:
    Link #9 Button D controls Family Room Family Room Light (2C.79.48)
    Link #1 Button D is controlled by Family Room Family Room Light (2C.79.48) - Command: On

thanks

this is a comm issue. check for noisy devices on the same circuits.

as you know, insteon isn't guaranteed to be 100%
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

hey mark
      well after investigating a bit on this it seems that if i send a command to turn a keypad button to "on" it will mark as "on" but the light dont turn.

this happens on all the keypad in my house (around 7). so if i have an event to turn on a light (by actually turning on the keypad) the light will turn on but the keypad backlight will remain off (and the button itself is off. i need to press once to turn on and then press again to turn off).

if i press the button on the keypad, the backlight turns and the light turns on.

any idea?
      this happens to all my keypad on all events.
      thanks

Comment

check the default on level for these devices.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

what do you mean?
          how come it works when i press the button?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
            what do you mean?
            how come it works when i press the button?
            pressing the physical btn is different than using the hs On btn.

check the default on level of the devices within the plugin
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i dont have a "default on level"
              i have:
              buttons : 6 keys
              backlight ON
              Key Beep: On

but its not only the backlight
              it is actually not turning the button on.
              on home seer i see it turned ON but actually to close it i need to press once to turn it on and than press again to turn it off

Comment

What plugin version and hs3 version do you have?

Also. What is the fw of the kpl?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Plugin: 3.0.5.10
                  hs: 3.0.0.152

the firmware varies on my several keypads.
                  this only started a few days/weeks ago so i am guessing it has to do with a recent upgrade?

Comment

please update the plugin. 3.5.0.16 exists in the forum

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171567

in general, turning on the kpl btns from hs does not active the light. if it works physically it it because you have manually linked the kpl btn to the load.

but i have been making changes to KPL support based on some new fw changes from SH

i need to know the FWs of each of your KPLs
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

as usual, what ever you need i will provide
                      i am not talking about the load links but the scene buttons.

button C on the KPL is linked to load button on a on/off module.

if i press the button C, the light will turn. and if i turn the light from HS, the light on the kpl should light up (until recently that what it did).

now lately if i go to HS and select "button C" and turn it to on, in HS it will turn to on but in reality the button stays off.
                      i will get you all the FW by tonight

thanks

Comment

updated to 3.0.5.16 but no change.
                        all my kpl are Firmware Version: 41

Comment

Had just about the same problem with the buttons on the KPL not tracking state of the load(s) when the load(s) are switched from HS. Check each device that is controlled by the KPL and make sure the 'Sync linked responder devices' option is checked. Checking the option fixed the problem for me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks mate.
                            but its not only that.
                            if i go into homeseer webconsole and turn the button from it, the scene will activate (if its linked to other loads around the house) and in the console i can see the status changes to "on"
                            but on the KPL the light will still be off and if i want to shut down the scene / load, i need to press one to turn it on and another one to off.

Comment

Oh, I understand. Sounds like the link between your PLM as a controller and KPL as a responder is either not there at all or is invalid. I just took my KPL off-line due to problems with dimming levels and don't have a replacement at the moment to look at the links. You might try programming a link FROM your PLM TO your KPL or, if possible, adding the KPL button to your scene.

If the topic is still open once I get a new KPL, I'll be back with any information I find out.

The KPL manual for the model I have is attached.

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                              Thanks mate.
                              but its not only that.
                              if i go into homeseer webconsole and turn the button from it, the scene will activate (if its linked to other loads around the house) and in the console i can see the status changes to "on"
                              but on the KPL the light will still be off and if i want to shut down the scene / load, i need to press one to turn it on and another one to off.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X