Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i tried 3.5.0.8 and it seems that those that were removed and joined are still working.

one of the kpl has still only the left side (buttons A & C) working and B & D are not working from homeseer

and by the way, although i programmed one of the KPL buttons to turn a light on at 30% with 4 sec ramp rate, and in the device i see this:
    Load is controlled by Living Room Living Room 6 Button Keypad Button A (24.EF.A8) - On Level 30%, Ramp Rate 4 Sec.

when i press button A, the light goes all the way to ON (the 4 sec ramp rate works) and in the log i see:
    Device: Living Room Button A - Chandelier to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

5.3.0.10:
    same issue with the kpl, removed it and added it back and now all 4 buttons still work.

the button A for 30% 4sec ramp still turns on at 100 (ON).
    i am wondering if after a while, the kpl again starts to get screwed.

am i the only one with these issues?
    anything in the logs?
    EDIT:
    if i press "On" from homeseer, the device will go all the way to ON (100).
    if i press the button A from the KPL, it will go up to 30%.
    Last edited by ez1976; February 25, 2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

not sure what's going on here

please delete the links related to the following and then recreate it:
      "Load is controlled by Living Room Living Room 6 Button Keypad Button A (24.EF.A8) - On Level 30%, Ramp Rate 4 Sec."

make sure there is no reference on the kpl to the device and vice versa before recreating
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i deleted all the links from the light device and the kpl.
        i programmed only one way (no cross link) between the kpl button A and the light load at 30% at 4 sec ramp.

if i turn it from HS (the button goes on), the load on the light module turns on to ON after around 2-3 seconds delay

if i press the button, it will go to 30% right away.
        so its a homeseer / plugin issue and not kpl <-> on/off device

this goes as well to other KPL. if i press button A in one of the rooms, it will open the shades right away (linked to open/close module)
        if i send the on command from HS (and it will turn the button on) the shades will open at a delay

now i pressed OFF from HS and i got this:
        Feb-25 21:01:05 Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
        Feb-25 21:01:05 Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

[Device 33]
        DeviceID=30.10.BB
        DeviceName=Small Room - Keypad 6 Buttons
        DeviceLocation=Children Small Room
        DeviceType=022C
        FirmwareVer=41
        DatabaseDelta=19
        LinksDownloaded=1
        PollingInterval=10
        Protocol=3
        EEValues=LEDBrightness=63,NonToggleButtons=0,NonToggleOnOff= 0,OnLEDMask1=0,OffLEDMask1=0,OnLEDMask3=0,OffLEDMask3=0,OnLE DMask4=0,OffLEDMask4=0,OnLEDMask5=0,OffLEDMask5=0,OnLEDMask6 =0,OffLEDMask6=0,OnLEDMask8=0,OffLEDMask8=0,OpFlags1=67
        GroupLinkAddress 1=8
        GroupLinkAddress 2=9
        GroupLinkAddress 3=10
        GroupLinkAddress 4=11
        GroupLinkAddress 5=12
        GroupLinkAddress 6=26
        LastContact=2/25/2015 8:56:12 PM
        RecentDatabaseDelta=19
        TotalInteractions=58
        FailedInteractions=6
        HopData=60,47,13,0
        NumLinks=17
        Link 1=AA 00 2C BA 5A 00 1C 00 1
        Link 2=E2 01 2C BA 5A 00 00 01 2
        Link 3=E2 03 2C BA 5A 00 00 03 3
        Link 4=E2 04 2C BA 5A 00 00 04 4
        Link 5=E2 05 2C BA 5A 00 00 05 5
        Link 6=E2 06 2C BA 5A 00 00 06 6
        Link 7=E2 08 2C BA 5A 00 00 08 7
        Link 8=A2 FE 2C BA 5A FF 1F 01 8
        Link 9=A2 01 20 1B E3 FF 1F 03 16
        Link 10=E2 04 21 67 D4 00 00 02 17
        Link 11=A2 08 2C BA 5A FF 1F 01 9
        Link 12=A2 09 2C BA 5A FF 1F 03 10
        Link 13=A2 0A 2C BA 5A FF 1F 04 11
        Link 14=A2 0B 2C BA 5A FF 1F 05 12
        Link 15=A2 0C 2C BA 5A FF 1F 06 13
        Link 16=A2 1A 2C BA 5A FF 1F 08 14
        ChannelName2=Button A - Shades
        ChannelName3=Button B - Fan
        ChannelName4=Button C - Good Night
        ChannelName5=Button D - Good Morning
        NoChannelSync=0
        HSControlMode=0
        SyncLinkedDevices=1
        Link 17=E2 03 20 1B E3 00 00 01 15

--------*End C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------

something is SCREWED up with a capital S.

it was working perfectly until recently

Comment

in order to get the following link to work they way you want (ie activate from the kpl btn on the hs dev mgmt page), you must set the "Trigger Group" option on the KPL "HS Control" option page within the plugin. This is available on older KPLs (fw 40 or older). I didn't implement this feature for newer KPLs (fw 41+).

Added: The reason i didn't implement this for newer KPLs is because it requires a link from the plm to the kpl btn which i don't create by default anymore.

"Load is controlled by Living Room Living Room 6 Button Keypad Button A (24.EF.A8) - On Level 30%, Ramp Rate 4 Sec."

otherwise the plugin is working the way it always has.
          Last edited by mnsandler; February 26, 2015, 11:06 AM. Reason: Added
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks
            i enabled the checkbox on the Dev but i cannot find the "Trigger Group" option.

can you please direct me?
            thanks

Comment

See the following screen shot (Button On/Load)

once you select the option & click Save, the on/off btns on the dev mgmt page will trigger the device as if you pressed it physically
              Attached Files
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hey mark.
                After upgrading to the latest beta, it seems that the plugin lost most of the time connection to the hub.
                So I went back to the latest stable and that seems to be stable.
                But now I an back to square one with the kpl.
                Again controlling on/off from homeseer doesn't work and all of my events that control devices via kpl buttons now don't work.
                Last time I had to remove all the kpls and re-enter them to get them to work again. Can I avoid doing this somehow? That's a lot of work

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                  Hey mark.
                  After upgrading to the latest beta, it seems that the plugin lost most of the time connection to the hub.
                  So I went back to the latest stable and that seems to be stable.
                  But now I an back to square one with the kpl.
                  Again controlling on/off from homeseer doesn't work and all of my events that control devices via kpl buttons now don't work.
                  Last time I had to remove all the kpls and re-enter them to get them to work again. Can I avoid doing this somehow? That's a lot of work
                  you should be able to run the 'program device for homeseer' on each kpl and it will rebuild any missing links. You shouldn't need to do anything else.

if this doesn't fix the problem then there is something else going on in your setup.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

that seems to resolve it.
                    is there a script to reprogram a device? like we did with the runtime?

Comment

there is a plugin function 'update programming..." on the device management page
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks.
                        Can I schedule it via script?
                        That way I can do a daily midnight reprogram of all kpls.

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                          Thanks.
                          Can I schedule it via script?
                          That way I can do a daily midnight reprogram of all kpls.
                          it can't be schedule, and shouldn't need to be run nightly.

if you are losing links on a regular basis then the switches are failing or something (ie noise, spikes, etc) on the powerline is causing them to be reset/lose their memory.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X