This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Bulb ramp rate seems to be off in plugin

I just got my first insteon bulbs. (the A19 style) After setting it up in the plugin, I noticed that the plugin lists different options for ramp rate in the dropdown.
    The Options I'm seeing are: 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 2, 8, 18
    0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 2, 4

These options don't seem to be in line with what the bulb is doing. The bulb's behavior seems to be the same as every other insteon dimmer. For example, in order to get a 2 sec ramp rate on the bulb, I set it to the 8 setting in the plugin. Since the 8 is in the same list index as the 2 on other devices, I'm assuming that the bulb is getting the same command, but is responding like the other devices and this list is just a GUI generated by the plugin that maps to different commands. So whatever command data is sent from the 5th item in the list (lemme guess Ramp Rate = 0x05) is giving this bulb a 2 sec ramp rate.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if smartlabs changed this behavior on us in a firmware rev. This plugin is reporting FW 48 for this bulb (i2CS). That's the highest FW number of any of my devices.

i'll have to check this out
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

If you need me to do any other testing for you with this specific bulb let me know.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jon, i found the problem...its just a labeling issue...the dev notes i have are incorrect.

this will be fixed in the next version i post.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I figured as much. Thanks! No hurry on the release.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X