This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon group Off only

THis probably is more of a general insteon thing than a plugin issue, but it seems like a decent place to put it.
    Is there a way to get one insteon switchlinc to act as a responder to only the off command of another switchlinc?

I've got a light switch at the top of the stairs to the basement that controls just two cans that lead toward the laundry room. At the bottom of the stairs I have a switch that controls the rest of the basement lights. We often use the one at the top of the stairs to go to and from the laundry room when nobody's otherwise using the rest of the basement. So we don't want all the lights on every time we turn that switch on. But whenever we turn that switch off, I do want all of the lights on both switches to go off.

I know I can do it with HS events, but I was hoping for the speed of a native insteon link.

i don't think so, but you might check in the smarthome forums to see.

with the plugin you can create a link from the controller to the responder and set the on level to Off/0 on the responder. this will always turn Off the responder when the controller is activated.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      with the plugin you can create a link from the controller to the responder and set the on level to Off/0 on the responder. this will always turn Off the responder when the controller is activated.
      I'm not sure I follow this thought. Would this be an insteon group, or a regular device link?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I'm not sure I follow this thought. Would this be an insteon group, or a regular device link?
        just a regular device link from a controller to the responder device.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yeah. I could. But that would do both on and off. I guess I'll have to go with the HS event and live with the small delay.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X