This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

default off level

I know the insteon devices have default on levels. and we can change that from events. But is there a way to specify a default off level? Say I have a light that I don't want to go all the way off but rather glow dimly after someone hit the off on the paddle switch.

I tried setting an HS event that triggered whenever the device changes and becomes off then set the same device to 10% . But this causes the light to turn off, and then a second or two later bounce back on. I'd like to get a smoother effect where it doesn't bounce thru off.

I do have most of my ramp rates set to 2sec, so it seems like that should be enough time for HS to get the off command and send its own dim to 10% before the ramp actually gets to that point.

I'm pretty sure there's no insteon feature for this, but any other ideas would be appreciated.

no default off level. Off is Off.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you decouple the paddle from the load?

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

no, only with newer KPLs that have fw 41 or later
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sounds like I need to start writing custom firmware. Have you taken any of these apart? Are they pic based?
          Does smartlabs have a good protocol document if you sign up for their sdk?

--Jon Chuchla--

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Sounds like I need to start writing custom firmware. Have you taken any of these apart? Are they pic based?
            Does smartlabs have a good protocol document if you sign up for their sdk?

--Jon Chuchla--

You will have to contact smarthome with these questions. I'm not a hardware guy. Their SDK program will only get you access to the insteon protocol, not the hardware design specs
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X