X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon I/O Linc

Hi Mark,
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It was working on HS2. I have a I/O Linc attached to the garage. The input sensor is working without issues. The output relay is giving me trouble. When the device is Off or vice versa and I use the control buttons they do not put the device on or off. In another word, if the device is off and I press the on button it does not go on, I would need to press the off button to get it to turn off.

Thanks for your help,
    Aldo
    Attached Files

can you post a screen shot of how you have the iolinc configured in the plugin
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
      As always, thanks for your fast response. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
      Aldo
      Attached Files

Comment

Aldo,
        this looks right based on what i did with mine. But i don't actually use a an iolinc to controller my garage door anymore. When i did, i didn't bother with tracking of on/off for the relay. The relay is only 'on' for a few seconds and them turns off automatically; that is a function of the momentary mode.

if you created a link from the iolinc to the kpl btn, i'm not sure how the btn would respond.

there are several threads related to using the iolinc to control the garage door and the different options available. you may need to search this forum and the parent Insteon forum for more suggestions on how to set this up based on your needs.

do you still have your insteon.ini file from hs2. if so, check the links for iolinc and related devices and see if you still have them the same.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is your Keypadlinc button mode set to Non-Toggle On? You mighn have it set to standard On/Off mode. By doing this, the button you program will tell you the correct position your garage door is. I have it set to Non Toggle On (with the send command for the I/O link set to Command Off) so when the garage door is open the button is lit up, when I push the button to close the garage, after pressing it a few seconds later, the garage door is closed and the button will be unlit.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

I'm actually having issues with the io link, the output relay is not responding to the off or on correctly. On the device info when I press the off button it will not respond to it, another word, it seems that the on and off do not do what they should be doing.
            Thanks for your help. I may use your suggestion, although the device should work as you would expect to work.

Comment

You might want to try to program it manually so you have the correct settings. Sometimes if there are communication issues, programming it through Mark's plugin might not reach the I/O linc. If you can move it to another outlet with an extension cord, you can try reprogramming it that way, otherwise read the manual on how to make sure it is on the correct settings. I know it is a pain, I had the biggest problems trying to get my garage door working correctly with the I/O linc and a Keypadlinc. If you search in the forums, I explained how I was able to make it work.

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X