This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set module X10 Address from plugin?

Is it possible to set the X10 address on a module via the plugin?

My application is to keep a few x10 keyfob transmitters around and have them directly control an Insteon lamp module. I want the primary communication mode of the module to be Insteon, but due to latency issues of letting HS be the interpreter (X10 RF -> HS -> plugin -> Insteon module) I prefer the dimming from the keyfob remotes to go directly to the insteon module. I wish Insteon would come up with some nice RF remote options and this would no longer be an issue.

Have you seen the RemoteLinc2; INSTEON 2342

the plugin doesn't support setting x10 address on insteon devices via the UI. I suppose you could do it via script using the plugin transmitinsteoncommand function
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yeah I have a few of those. I'm not a big fan of that design. It's too square and is hard to feel which side is up without looking at it. It had no hole for a lanyard/key ring and it's too big when you just need a control for one device. This is totally not your problem, it's all smartlabs. There's two places where I really like the keyfob remotes. One is by the bed and the other is in the car. In both cases I have them attached to a lanyard so they stay tethered. The lanyard also helps to feel which way is up and locate the buttons by feel without looking at it. I also don't feel the mini remote is particularly well built. It has a creaky plastic feel and sound every time you grab it and push a button and it's clamshell clips are on the outside detracting from the clean look and feel.

What's the exact syntax for the script command to send an Insteon command? (or point me toward the documentation)

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Yeah I have a few of those. I'm not a big fan of that design. It's too square and is hard to feel which side is up without looking at it. It had no hole for a lanyard/key ring and it's too big when you just need a control for one device. This is totally not your problem, it's all smartlabs. There's two places where I really like the keyfob remotes. One is by the bed and the other is in the car. In both cases I have them attached to a lanyard so they stay tethered. The lanyard also helps to feel which way is up and locate the buttons by feel without looking at it. I also don't feel the mini remote is particularly well built. It has a creaky plastic feel and sound every time you grab it and push a button and it's clamshell clips are on the outside detracting from the clean look and feel.

What's the exact syntax for the script command to send an Insteon command? (or point me toward the documentation)

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Ah, i spoke too soon. there are script cmds for sending SD cmds but in order to assign an x10 address, you must be able to send an ED cmd which i don't currently support via scripting.

I understand your concerns with the remotelinc.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X