This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with this script please

I would like to write a script that based on the light level of the motion sensor it will set the Hue level of brightness higher or lower based on the script example of JowiHue. I had similar script that was working in HS2. Unfortunately not really good at scripts. Can someone please help based on the prototype below. I'm open to suggestions to get the level of light more efficient instead of if statements.

Syntax:
    Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetLightsHueSat", {True, "All Lights", Nothing, 65535, 255, 20})

Sub Main(parm as object)

' LightlevelStatus is going to be a string value
    ' the theory is that if there is lot of sun you want to see the lights on the keypad while if dark you want to dim it for eye pleasure
    ' Motion sensor Dining Room

LightlevelStatus = hs.plugin("Insteon").getdevicesetting("14.1A.AF","Current Light Level")

'hs.WriteLog "LightLevelDining", LightlevelStatus
    'so you need to convert it to an integer here

If cint(LightlevelStatus) >= 100 Then
    Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetLightsHueSat", {True, "All Lights", Nothing, 65535, 255, 20})

ElseIf cint(LightlevelStatus) >= 80 Then

ElseIf cint(LightlevelStatus) >= 60 Then

ElseIf cint(LightlevelStatus) >= 40 Then

Else

End If

End Sub

for HS3, it should be something like

LightlevelStatus = hs.plugin("Insteon","","getdevicesetting", new object(){14.1A.AF","Current Light Level"})

i believe the new object() is required to designate a new array
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark I'm getting this error, do you know what this mean

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim LightlevelStatus As Integer
      LightlevelStatus = hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","getdevicesetting", new object(){14.1A.AF","Current Light Level"})

End Sub

Mar-08 10:48:13 AM Error Compiling script C:\HomeSeer3\scripts\KeyPadLincBrightness.vb: '}' expected.
      Mar-08 10:48:13 AM Error Compiling script C:\HomeSeer3\scripts\KeyPadLincBrightness.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Mark I'm getting this error, do you know what this mean

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim LightlevelStatus As Integer
        LightlevelStatus = hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","getdevicesetting", new object(){14.1A.AF","Current Light Level"})

End Sub

Mar-08 10:48:13 AM Error Compiling script C:\HomeSeer3\scripts\KeyPadLincBrightness.vb: '}' expected.
        Mar-08 10:48:13 AM Error Compiling script C:\HomeSeer3\scripts\KeyPadLincBrightness.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
        i think youre missing a quote

"14.1A.AF"
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

this is tested:

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim LightlevelStatus As string
          LightlevelStatus = hs.pluginFunction("Insteon","","GetDeviceSetting", new object(){"27.8E.79","Current Light Level"})
          hs.writelog ("test", lightlevelstatus)
          End Sub
          the call is case-sensitive and returns a string

you can convert to an integer with
          level = cint(LightlevelStatus)
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

aldo,

You can do this with scripts, which gives you the simplicity of having to use only one event. I have done the same as you did, but instead I did it with a group holding 6 events which trigger basesd on group conditions and light level.

I have attached my event which is setting the brightness level of the Hue lights. it is taking the light level from a zwave multisensor, but I am sure you can check the value also from a insteon device.

Not sayin one is better then the other, just adding a sample on how you could look at the same issue.

Wim
            Attached Files
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You guys are the best, sorry for bothering you sooooooo much.

Comment

No problem. glad you got it working
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X