X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not join existing KPL to new PLM network

Hello,

My 2413U had failed last month, so I decided to buy a new 2413U, and upgrade my Homeseer to version 3.

I installed Homeseer 3 and new PI on a new computer, and re-added my devices to new Insteon network manually. I added most of dimmers and ON/OFF switches successfully, and it works fine. But I cannot add all of my KPL to the new PLM. The log showed:

Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
    03-08 09:25:05 AM Insteon The device properties could not be read. Communication failure. The device was not added.
    03-08 09:24:49 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Workspace Workspace Ceiling Light (1C.E0.E3). Try #5 failed.

I tried to factory reset the KPL, but not worked.

How could I re-add my KPL to the new PLM?

try manually linking the plm to the kpl and then manually register the kpl with the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry, Mark,

I don't know how to link KPL to PLM exactly. I tried to hold the PLM set button until it blinks, then hold the KPL set button until it beeps twice. Then I tried to add the device via plugin, it was still not worked.

Comment

Originally posted by chingfa View Post
        Sorry, Mark,

I don't know how to link KPL to PLM exactly. I tried to hold the PLM set button until it blinks, then hold the KPL set button until it beeps twice. Then I tried to add the device via plugin, it was still not worked.
        that's about right.

can you manually link another device to the kpl and then control the kpl

not sure why the kpl won't communicate with the plugin

please try the latest plugin avail in the forum
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

Just KPL has this kind of problem. I tried to join all other types of Insteon devices, and tried to join KPL again. Then, it was worked. It's strange, but finally I brought all my Insteon devices back.

Thanks for your response. It's great plug-in!

Comment

Glad its working
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X